Janine Getting Lost Enroute To Soul In The City

Home away from home

Posts: 2839 Re: Soul In The City 3rd Anniversary 1st December

Can I have some CLEAR directions please, it really cant be my fault everytime can i t?

sorry to move this on here but I couldn't find where to reply to Janines plea in the comments.

But the answer Snowy is yes :thumbsup:

If you go to www.soulitc.co.uk you can click on a map, can't be clearer than that ?

We've got the St Bernard ready to come find you if you get in difficulties.

Seriously if you can't work out the map e-mail me & I'll try my hardest to be CLEAR, but will be tomorrow before I can get back to you.

• Replies 22
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Johnny One Trout

PMSL a map?  Whats she going to do with that?  Call someone when you get to Romford Janine.

link

Boys, boys boys that's nothing, nothing at all, Ms Snow is always ringing up Ali for directions to London events (Please bear in mind Ali lives and is from Cheltenham) so much so that she has the maps to london events saved on her favourites just for that purpose but there is more.

For this years 100 Club Anniversary Janine and Dave set out a good hour before we did (again bear in mind distances travelled here Kent->London vs

Cheltenham ->London) not only were we giving Janine direction to the 100 Club (Any guesses as to how many times she has been there????) but we arrived an hour before they did. Personally i don't think there is any point giving Nini a map for one she's a girl!!!!! and for two she's Janine. The best thing all round is for promoters to club together and get her a taxi to the event, that way there is much less hassle for everyone concerned :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Trouty

Boys, boys boys that's nothing, nothing at all, Ms Snow is always ringing up Ali for directions to London events (Please bear in mind Ali lives and is from Cheltenham) so much so that she has the maps to london events saved on her favourites just for that purpose but there is more.

For this years 100 Club Anniversary Janine and Dave set out a good hour before we did (again bear in mind distances travelled here Kent->London vs

Cheltenham ->London) not only were we giving Janine direction to the 100 Club (Any guesses as to how many times she has been there????) but we arrived an hour before they did. Personally i don't think there is any point giving Nini a map for one she's a girl!!!!! and for two she's Janine. The best thing all round is for promoters to club together and get her a taxi to the event, that way there is much less hassle for everyone concerned  :thumbsup:   :thumbsup:   :thumbsup:

Trouty

link

Thats a bit harsh JoT :ohmy:

Home away from home

Posts: 2839  Re: Soul In The City 3rd Anniversary 1st December

Can I have some CLEAR directions please, it really cant be my fault everytime can i  t? 

sorry to move this on here but I couldn't find where to reply to Janines plea in the comments.

But the answer Snowy is yes  :thumbsup:

If you go to www.soulitc.co.uk you can click on a map, can't be clearer than that ?

We've got the St Bernard ready to come find you if you get in difficulties.

Seriously if you can't work out the map e-mail me & I'll try my hardest to be CLEAR, but will be tomorrow before I can get back to you.

link

There are some really simple solutions here:- :thumbsup:

1)Get a search light on top of Vivos shining upwards a la Batman, obviously it would have to be a silhouette of Blodwyn instead of a bat

2)Put Martin on the roof to fire off flares at 5 minute intervals, that might help

3)GPS tracking/homing system

:ohmy::D:D

I'm probably going to get a slap tomorrow :thumbsup:

Did a great one after the Dome, all Stupots fault if he had waitied for a lift home I would never have got lost, anyway tunnel was closed and we did a 40mile detour to get home LOL

Guest Stuart T

I can't remember 'Great' being one of the words we used!! And yes, all Stuarts fault  :thumbsup:

link

LOL I'll swear you left without me! :thumbsup: Anyhow, I'd have been no help, dragging you all the way back to the Rotherhithe Tunnel when you'd have wanted to use the Dartford Bridge. if Janine was navigating I'd hazard a guess that you crossed the Thames at Richmond?

Never, ever use the Blackwall Tunnel after midnight without checking whether its closed for "maintenance". Its the first rule of driving to South East London. I'm pretty sure that the "workers" use it for go kart racing or skateboarding or something. :thumbsup:

LOL where do I check, as I will need to come back that way tonight!!! (I think)

link

Janine

from memory (cough), I think if you can get to Dartford, it's something like :

0.00 0.00 A226 Start out at Dartford,Kent

Follow signs London (A2), Bexleyheath A226

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0.50 0.50 A2018 Junction with A2018

At mini-roundabout turn left A2018 (signposted Bexley)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0.60 0.10 A2018 Mick Jagger Centre (on right)

1.30 0.70 A2018 Junction with B2174

At traffic signals forward In 0.5 mile at roundabout take 1st exit

2.10 0.80 A2 Junction with A2 (Dartford Heath)

At roundabout take 3rd exit (signposted London) to join A2

9.00 6.90 A2 Kidbrooke Interchange (Junction with A2213)

At traffic signals forward

9.80 0.80 A102 Sun-in-the-Sands (Junction with A102/A207)

Forward A102

12.00 2.20 A102 Blackwall Tunnel (no charge)

13.00 1.00 A13 Junction with A12/A13

Branch left (signposted A13) then turn left on A13 (signposted The City)

13.10 0.10 A13 Junction with A1206

At traffic signals forward

13.80 0.70 A13 Junction with A1206/A1261

At traffic signals keep forward

14.00 0.20 A13 Limehouse Parish Church

Forward into Commercial Road

14.40 0.40 A13 Junction with A101 (Limehouse Station)

At traffic signals keep forward under railway bridge

15.80 1.40 A11 Whitechapel (Aldgate Gyratory)

Central London Congestion Charges apply Mon-Fri 7am-6:30pm Forward (one-way) Shortly bear right then left (signposted Central London) into

16.00 0.20 Uncl. Whitechapel (Aldgate Gyratory)

Forward (signposted London Bridge) At fork branch right into Leadenhall Street (signposted Bank)

16.30 0.30 Uncl. Junction with A10

At crossroads forward into Cornhill

16.59 0.29 Uncl. Bear left onto Mansion House Street

16.62 0.02 Uncl. Continue forward onto Poultry

16.69 0.08 Uncl. Continue forward onto Cheapside

16.84 0.15 Uncl. Turn left onto Bread Street

16.91 0.07 Uncl. Turn right onto Watling Street

16.94 0.03 Uncl. Finish on Watling Street,City

Or otherwise check www.theaa.co.uk

Hope you can find us!

:lol:

Martin

Why not use London Bridge, it makes life a lot easier and is closer to Vivo, so less chance of getting lost before you get there.

P

link

Problem could be finding London bridge in the first place :lol:

link

Yeah s'pose you're right Andy, Janine'll end up in California :lol:

link

Oh, ye of little faith. We are not going through Dartford, California or London Bridge...Have map will travel. I am navigating and for tonight only I take all responsibility for getting there. :unsure:

You people really are unfair sometimes. We havent got lost going to a do for weeks now.

...However, finding the way home is a differnet matter and I cant take responsility for that so everyone please leave their mobiles on until about 5 in the morning, ta.

Problem could be finding London bridge in the first place :lol:

link

The first time Janine asked about directions to Soul In The City I innocently / naively asked if she knew how to get to London Bridge, she indignantly replied

of course I do & do you know what ? I believed her. Come the month when she finally could get down she again asked for directions & I said "when you come off of London Bridge etc" she said Where's London Bridge !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Sorry Snowy had to be told ;-0 X

Guest in town Mikey

Janine getting lost chapter 150.

Janine used to park outside my flat for the Rocket allnighters. First time she called and said she was lost. I asked where she was, and she said outside a paper shop!! I asked what part of London, and she said she didnt know, but it was dark!!

OK so its a paper shop in the dark in London....take the first right!!

Eventually we found out where she was, and I had to stay on the line the whole way.

next month I was ready for her, and the next, ....until the last one.

Maybe you need to have a drink before leaving home Janine, as getting back doesnt seem to be as much of a problem. :unsure:

Ps love you honey :lol:

Guest Stuart T

:unsure:   :lol:

I will be leaving here tonight at 6.30pm (you can all take bets now LOL)

link

I reckon I'll be heading there at 9.30 so I'll keep an eye out for you shall I?

Guest in town Mikey

I have suddenly got an image of those 'maze' puzzles you'd get in comics as a kid, with about a dozen different routes, but only one leading to the centre. I bet if Janine's routes to various venues were plotted we could come up with something quite similar.

Let us know tomorrow on the time. I reckon 8 o'clock.

I have the faith you see, to coin a phrase. :lol: