• People playing the event
    • Likeminded people
    • All of the above

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Would globally agree with 'ThinkSmart' but by todays standards, laziness in promoting, is considered a bonus with the so (wrongly) called social medias. To promote either small or big, is just the easiest thing to do. It doesn't even qualify as a job anymore. Those doing the actual "job" behind those thingies are the fake visitors some company employs to boost the visits and add fake comments.

So one promoter promoting his own event is the safest bet to keep the promotion coherent IMO. In other directions, the split milk will be the next bystander broken leg. FB and Co. will already do the "public" (open access I mean) misinterpretation grapevine of it all and nothings... since it is its initial shape and aim; no friends - now plenty :lol:

Edited by tlscapital
punctuation und spelling mishtakes...
Social source share

I voted 'all of the above' because I feel nowadays a 'team effort' is needed to give an event a better chance of being successful. 

'People running the event' obviously have to spread the word as much as poss / 'People playing the event' (DJs) could (not should) spread the word to those they know that would like the type of event / 'Like minded people' should tell others if they believe in the event, so as to help the longevity of somewhere they like attending / and I suppose even the venue itself could do a bit to get a few more bodies in, unless you wanted to keep local non soulie types away (Which always used to be the case)

Nowadays is definitely different :wink:

All the best,

Len :thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Having spent a good few years . Countless miles and lots of money promoting the old Winsford nighter i personally think its down to the promoters to make the commitment to the venue that they run. When big nighter venues cost thousands you have to be totally honest with your self about what your running and for what reason.  I personally did it because Tony.s empress ballroom and Bretby country club where closing for various reasons and Winsford was on the verge of closure due to low attendance and I couldn't bear the thought of losing the third venue. So getting involved was  purely and simply to save a nighter which i loved. I wouldn't change what I did . Couldn't do it now due to different work commitments.  

Steve 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!