John E.Paul - I Wanna Know - alternative version

MisterM

I was in a restaurant in London recently and over the sound system I heard "I Wanna Know" not by John E Paul though. It was a duet with a male & female vocal and quite a bit slower than John E. Paul's version. Sounded like a Sixties production. Anyone know the version I'm talking about? Or was I dreaming? I think it may have been a radio station playing it.

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

On 8/1/2017 at 23:21, Pete S said:

Not that much to do with this, but this is the original John E Paul acetate and note the title is I Want To Know, same as Sugar Simone, and not I Wanna Know which it eventually came out as

IMG_7542.jpg

That's Interesting Pete. Which was the original version? Sugar Simone or John E Paul? Do we know?

Social source share

25 minutes ago, Pete S said:

I think Sugar Simone is to be honest.  I'm also thinking that acetate may be fake because I've seen another identical one.

The plot thickens. Was the Sugar Simone version ever played on the scene?

There's one on ebay for $250 at the moment. There goes the 50 quid valuation - or maybe not.
Cheers
Rob M

Social source share

Just now, MisterM said:

The plot thickens. Was the Sugar Simone version ever played on the scene?

There's one on ebay for $250 at the moment. There goes the 50 quid valuation - or maybe not.
Cheers
Rob M

Not really I don't think, was always a cheap UK collectors item really - £15 - am going back to the 90's now of course

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!