Larry Hale---Once Unusual copy

Patto

Hi Guys

Recently purchased an original copy of Larry Hale.My copy is on Diamond and is a nice deep blue/ Green label on Vinyl moulded label.Im aware of a lookalike counterfeit. MY COPY The matrix details are

D 203 A (Note: no dash between the 203 and the A) scratched in the deadwax.

The fakes are a lighter blue/green colour and even though they have the drill hole, the deadwax details are D 203 - A (Note the - [dash] between the 203 and the A).

SO it looks like mine is a goodun and im happy with it but its unusual because the Once side has no artist or title credits just a blank Diamond label.The Polly Wolly A side is as normal.(See pics below).

HAS Anyone out there had a similar copy or is this one a freak where they have mistakenly put a blank label on during the pressing process.

20170725_195924.thumb.jpg.2596a7c5ec9f5a74d6e155def6ccc19c.jpg20170725_195854.thumb.jpg.e05663ea9ae7ef67d1dc4e385a630435.jpg

• Up vote 1
Social source share

11 hours ago, Patto said:

THANKS Tim not just a one off then a small batch must have been put out with no credits

My Kurt Harris Flip side 'B' side as well suffered the same fate ! Not an empty ink printer tank I believe. More likely a total overlooked batched of pre-printed labels not going to the credit prints and mixed with the credits print ones to the press stage.

Edited by tlscapital
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!