Fred Benson

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 5
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest Carl Dixon

Fred, what time did you go on? I was there but had to leave at 2240hrs. Just played Tobi Bowe - it is an almost different song/production compared to Mamie Lee's. In fact it sounds like a demo you take to a producer and he/she streamlines it.

Social source share

Guest Carl Dixon

No, for sure. I had all day training to be a volunteer in the Hull City of Culture scenario Saturdayand needed to be on the ball. I got 4 hours sleep that night worrying! That will give me a break from the song writing and music production Fred. It's full on and a little soul destroying at times, so the volunteer work for the rest of the year will give me a diversion and a chance to be with my elderly parents just outside Hull. You should check out some of my stuff though. I am starting to pitch it mainly at the Carolina Beach/modern audience but I tag as soul, blue eyed, Valli, Beach Boys, Spector, northern, Philly, Salsoul, MFSB, TSOP, shag, popcorn, bubblegum etc, but it is none of these of course. Check out this instrumental and think 60s Detroit, Junior Walker, which seems to be getting some positive feedback. In fact I have had some pre orders for the vinyl and have not even decided to go down that route yet! The message is, if the digits sell well enough, they can help finance the vinyl pressing. No digital sales = no vinyl at the moment. I am selling a song...not a format lol!

'One piece of cake' by The Delgonives (Sweet instrumental mix)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!