Nitram

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 10
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

dave you are exactly right, would have liked it thou. anyway been talking with ady crosdale, about the kent test press, i was concerned about playing it at (OVO) events. he assured me that it is a first uk legit uk issue, ane even playing the test press, should be no issues. so back in the box it goes, ready for my next set.

you are right according to ady, 5/8 max were produced in the first run 1985 probably more like 5 at that particular time.

Social source share

27 minutes ago, Dave Fleming said:

Why pay £1400,end price on JM's for a common Despenza copy,when you already have the rarer Kent test pressing,around 8 pressed up.😉

Dave, that test press you mentioned is the Ivorys on the b -side with Tommy Hunt - The work song on the A side, was just wondering as my Kent copy date's from 1985.

Social source share

It is not a valuable test press, it's just a repressed copy with"test press" written on the label, its a re-press and a reissue. Does that make it rare or valuable? I don't think so. The copy that JM auctioned last week sold for £1400 because A the record is brilliant and always in demand and it was in mint condition. Personally I thought that it might go for more.

Social source share

Really,I think you need to get your facts right,when Kent sent the master tapes to the pressing plant in Germany 1985 ,they done between 5 to 8 test pressings for quality purposes before putting it out on Kent town,and these where one of them,check FB thread with comments from Ady and Tony,so being on a Kent test pressing makes it less brilliant than common Depenza copy ?,if you want to talk rare, talk about the Wand copy!😉

Social source share

• 8 months later...