Dave Abbott

• Replies 17
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I now that some people recommend sticking razor blades to the back of cracked records, which apparently works well and gives added strength.

So this is what I did. I don't know how other people get on with this but it does raise the record somewhat off the decks and the record does list, to say the least, as it goes around. But if you have a decent enough deck and change the weight of the arm all is ok. :thumbsup:

Another 40 year old 45 saved :thumbsup:

BTW gonna sell it on now - cant be bothered changing my deck arm all the time so-

LaBrenda Ben - Chaperone - Gordy - £50.00 VG- but fine for DJing! :thumbsup:

This it fixed

post-1115-1101851953_thumb.jpg

Social source share

I broke it :thumbsup: was an accident I just heard it crack in my handbag, I said hell its only £20 but then told it was worth a lot more :thumbsup:

Dave think you are using the wrong razor blades sweetie, still it looks nice and so glad you fixed it, am I now off the hook?

Edited by Janine
Social source share

I bought a record at the Dome.  :thumbsup:

Half an hour later it was cracked.  :thumbsup:

A few minutes after that while seeing how cracked it was. It snapped in two  :angry:

This is the fella

link

which bit do you want £50 for.. :thumbsup:

Social source share

which bit do you want £50 for.. :thumbsup:

link

a good point. Thats £50 for the both!! Good deal eh!?

The lot will not be split.

No personal cheques, no paypay, no bidpay, no timewasters.

cash only, or will do trades for one 60s northern 45 that has to be worth at least £100.

Be quick and not disappointed. Once its gone, its gone

BTW a bit of soul history - this was cracked during the last record ever spun by the CSC at the Dome. Priceless. And I can guarantee you will not see find this 45 in this condition again.

Social source share

Guest LeoLyxxx

I got so excited about this that i cracked all my records just to fix them :lol: then i got some of the halfs mixed up :unsure: anybody want a Guitar Turner "you're gonna make it anymore" on the ShaGM label? :lol:

best

Leo :fool:

Edited by LeoLyxxx
Social source share

I got so excited about this that i cracked all my records just to fix them  :lol:   then i got some of the halfs mixed up  :unsure:   anybody want a Guitar Turner "you're gonna make it anymore" on the ShaGM label?  laugh.gif

best

Leo  :fool:

link

LOL very good, I like it :lol:

Social source share

How much do you want for the razor blades Dave? Haven't shaved me head since I came down to Abshott.....

link

Mark, to you £45 :lol:

You get with that 2 blades and a nice vinyl handle with a large centre hole for extra grip and comfort. Styled in Black and maroon from the fashion centre of the world in Detroit...

...yes folks we give you the "Gordy Groovy Razor"© - for the discerning gentleman, or very hairy woman.

(I am the soul importer of this very unique product. As featured on QVC and the Dome)

Social source share

Mark, to you £45  :lol:

You get with that 2 blades and a nice vinyl handle with a large centre hole for extra grip and comfort. Styled in Black and maroon from the fashion centre of the world in Detroit...

...yes folks we give you the "Gordy Groovy Razor"© - for the discerning gentleman, or very hairy woman.

(I am the soul importer of this very unique product. As featured on QVC and the Dome)

link

Mmmmmmmmm. Very hairy women

post-1834-1101906466_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Mach 3 TURBO, of course Jamie.  :thumbsup:

And no, they have never been used to fix a record before.

link

Does it come with any warranty? 12 months cover should be enough to make me want to buy! shades.gif

I'm very tempted as it does appear to be "the best a man can get".

Sorry couldn't resist the that! :thumbup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!