On Television Tonight

purist

Just noticed there's a programme on tonight at 9pm on the Vintage channel (on Virgin it's channel 343. sky 369, Freeview 82 ) It's called "The History of Blue Eyed Soul", might be worth a watch?

Blurb says ' artists down the decades have been inspired and influenced by the sound of Soul '

• Up vote 3
Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Bee Gees, Dusty (Wishin) Lisa Stansfield (Around the World) Annie Lennox, other things, - To be honest I wonder if the Channel transmitted the right show. I recorded it at 9pm, as the schedule said, but there was no introduction or finish to the show, so it is quite possible I was an hour too early or too late.

Edited by Mick Holdsworth
Social source share

Guest Spain pete

Load of old tosh what l saw of it , average white band's, let's go round again probably the highlight  but my my my how bad was the miming  and don't get me started on the musicians 👎 shame really cause l quite like the record 🎶

Social source share

I had a quick look to see if it will be repeated over the next week, couldn't see it, seeing the comments above I'd probably give it a miss now anyway, next week I think it was on Thursday around ten they have Soul Sisters Soul Brothers, mentioned George Benson ,Aretha etc so probably just stuff that made the charts in the 80's but I could be wrong. Can't remember the night but a Blues one was also listed.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!