Lowton Civic Closing ?

Mike

1 hour ago, mike said:

Lowton Civic closing it seems

is it just a venue related thing, as in venue closed/sold etc

or is it the promoters choice ?

@BazM can you fill us all in?

Hi Mike

It is very true and it's venue related. The management told me the venue was being sold ealier in the year and they weren't taking any more bookings after 2017, so I booked Dec 30th 2017 as the final night at LOWTON but they came on to me yesterday and told me they'd now decided to close at the end of August as the sale has gone thru and so the night on Friday August 11th really is the last.

Social source share

Ditto Mike.  Some amazing nights at lowton.  Had the pleasure of  meeting some amazing people there who have since become some of my closest and dearest friends. Some fantastic live acts. Including in my opinion the best live act I have ever seen. Eddie Holman.

What a amazing night that was. Still get goosebumps now when I think about it.  

I will try and make it next Friday night 

Steve 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Takking to Kev Murphy at the weekend reminiscing ablut some of the great nights at Lowron.  One NYE stood out for both of us, Kev, Andy D, myself, Tim Brown all on the decks.  Shame it is coming to an end although I've not been for some years now due to work and getting home on a Friday. 

Social source share

Sorry to hear this Barry :-(

Had some amazing nights there over the years literally from the very beginning and it's such a shame to see it end like this

All the very best on the 11th August mate

21 years - I reckon you could say it has been a legendary venue not only for Northern Soul but for 70's/Crossover, Soulful Garage, 90's/Y2K Modern Soul, 60's Rare and Underplayed etc etc

Cheers

Steve

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!