geeselad

sisters three- cu- keep off no trespassing

can remember guy H spinning this at tonus on 87/88, cant find any trace of it, I'm assuming it was a cover up. Anyone know the artist, its a very uptempo version of the marvelettes number.

can remember guy H spinning this at tonus on 87/88, cant find any trace of it, I'm assuming it was a cover up. Anyone know the artist, its a very uptempo version of the marvelettes number.

Posted (edited)

can remember guy H spinning this at Tony's in 87/88, cant find any trace of it, I'm assuming it was a cover up. Anyone know the artist, its a very uptempo version of the marvelettes number.

Edited by geeselad

1 hour ago, geeselad said:

SISTERS 3.jpg

2 hours ago, geeselad said:

can remember guy H spinning this at Tony's in 87/88, cant find any trace of it, I'm assuming it was a cover up. Anyone know the artist, its a very uptempo version of the marvelettes number.

There's always payback from all those years getting on one - you can't escape the flashbacks Algis my friend - you can't escape the flashbacks Algis my friend - you can't escape the flashbacks Algis my friend.

Dx

These are the same Sisters 3/Three who were on Early Bird and I think they had another record or two. The label is part of the Baby Luv operation (Inticers, Othello Robinson). I have the record, it's rarer than the Inticers, but lacks the legendary status. I've talked to a few Bay Area collectors and they either didn't even know it, or said it was a tough one. 

I got it from Bob Cattaneo, from one of his now famous lists.  I think i may have traded it with Guy at some point, but can't remember the finer details.   At the time, the division of Bay Luv records grabbed my attention.

Remember this getting played and a mate getting a lovely copy of Pat Brady the friend disappeared with his records ages ago Dammit .

Was always on the look out for it but just never turned up.

Great Version always loved Their Can you qualify on Early bird too.

Al H 

Join or log in now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links