E bay question

Hi

Not sure if this is the correct forum

I bought a cheap £5 record today off a well established E bay dealer and unfortunately the record sticks, it is not my stylus as I only got a new one and two weeks ago, it is the standard cartridge that comes on a Rega Planar 2.

I have looked at the listing and it says buyer to pay return postage.

my question is is this allowed as the goods are faulty,as it will cost £2.40 to return it signed for postage.

I have not contacted the seller yet as I would like to know even if they say buyer pays return postage is this legal?

this is the first time in hundreds of transactions I have had a problem.

thanks in advance

Geoff

Edited by Geoff Whitfield
Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

if it was paid for using paypal then paypal protection means it has to be sent back by trackable method , hence second class signed for

the laws of the land ( CRA 2015 ) overrule any caveat by a seller and the seller also agrees to ebay and paypal rules (if paypal was accepted for payment) so the seller should refund the return postage , and in theory they should send a postage paid label that the buyer sticks onto the parcel and then gets a free certificate of posting from the P O Counterstaff

I have done the above a few times and always been reimbursed if I have had to pay the return postage (did one last week where the record was cracked and not in the listing, ebay/paypal said the seller should send me a returns label (postage paid) within 10 days , but the seller couldnt manage it so asked me to post it back and they would reimburse me in full , for the original transaction including postage , plus return postage , which they did)

so why send it back by trackable method ? because ebay/paypal insist on it and will ask for the tracker number in any dispute

I agree it sounds uneconomical, but then the seller could just write it off and say keep the record or bin it (which has also happened to me , twice , with faulty records)

for a £5 record, you would have thought they would just do a full refund anyway and be done with it , trusting that the buyer was correct

Edited by soundsOKEH
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!