Is Tricky Ricky, Ricky Warburton?

Mr Fred

Years ago my late Brother Rob Ward used to knock about a bit in manchester  and used to bring a guy over called Tricky  Ricky.He used to come out with us for a drink and then go over to the Central In Leeds. Ive seen mentions of Ricky Warburton on here I think a few years ago and just wondered if it is the same guy and if he is still knocking about.If it is the same guy it would be great if I could contact him arrange with him to get over to one of our fantastic bi monthly all dayers at the Leeds Central. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.ATB Fred Ward

Edited by Mr Fred
Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

A big hi Tony, am I right it is Tony Davison? Apologies if i've got your name wrong as I'm now into my 60's. I Remember Kev Smith like it was yesterday.Didn't he used to work in Stuarts in the oasis market? He used come over to Huddersfield and when I was working till 9.00pm stocktaking he'd pick me up with our Rob in his white Jaguar and we'd go to the Crown pub in Huddersfield to the Northern Soul NightI remember one one occasion Rob came over with a friend from Manchester it might have been yourself Tony in a 2.3 vauxhall magnum that went like a bullet. We were driving past the railway station and being shown how fast it would accelerate when a copper stood in the road in front of us and put his hand up to stop us.How the f---k we didn't hit him I'll never know.he gave us a lecture and told him the accelerator got stuck.Kev used to frighten us to death in his jag,when we were out he used to go through red lights and see how many near misses we had.Proper daft.Do you remember kevs friend Sharon Christie she used to knock about with us as well and whatever happened to her? I think at the time she was going to move to Torquay or something like that.Funny all those years ago people used come over the pennines to yorkshire to a few Soul do's and we'd travel over to Manchester. Doesn't seem to happen as much these days. I still get about and DJ at one or two venues.I am one of the resident Dj's at the Leeds Central all dayers which are run bi monthly with the next one being on Sunday 1 till 8,then october and December.would be good if maybe you could get across to one of them and maybe with Ricky and missus and possibly Steve Proudlove as well? Look forward  to your reply ATB          Fred        

Edited by Mr Fred
Social source share

No Fred Tony Davidson is much more sophisticated than I,

At one point I'm told I was known as Mad Tony, can't possibly think why...

You're right about Kev though and the Jag... Big lad Big heart...let me have his second Christmas Dinner once.. :-D

Remember Sharon, don't know where she ended up though..

Don't do All dayers much but ya never know..try and word up Rick, if he ever answers his phomne  ;-)

As for Proudlove, well, you wouldn't take him anywhere...  :-D

ATB

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!