More Belgian Bargains?

Guest franky m

Guest franky m

Just noticed this listing on Ebay , some scans some photographs, diferent resolutions on some pictures and no paypal, but at least they seem to have the back ground colour similar , and the seller soul.fishing seems a bit fishy ????

https://cgi.ebay.com/CODY-BLACK-on-D-TOWN_W...1QQcmdZViewItem

Any one know the guy ?

Edited by franky m
Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just noticed this listing on Ebay , some scans some photographs, diferent resolutions on some pictures and no paypal, but at least they seem to have the back ground colour similar , and the seller soul.fishing seems a bit fishy ????

https://cgi.ebay.com/CODY-BLACK-on-D-TOWN_W...1QQcmdZViewItem

Any one know the guy ?

Sent a few emails but had no responce. His details are:

philippe henrioul - bp 10007 - 6000 charleroi - belgium

Anyone know of him and if he is ok?

Thanks

Mark

Social source share

No but I know the of guy that won it, had a few bits of him in the past, he was OK till i won a bulk pack off him and it never got here :thumbsup:

I sent an email to a friend in Belgium that I buy off and he has said stay away as hes dodgy. Apparently there have been numerous incidents of people sending money and not receiving their goods.

Social source share

Guest franky m

I sent an email to a friend in Belgium that I buy off and he has said stay away as hes dodgy. Apparently there have been numerous incidents of people sending money and not receiving their goods.

Its that famous belgian con man again , every 6 months or so he does another add each time getting a small bit better at his feeble con trick , its the same guy whos records were bidded up to £99.000 :lol: but there are always new people that dont know the score , so best to keep warning , people like this should be run over :thumbsup:

Social source share

Thanks

Mark

BEWARE!!!

this is a rip off. i bought from this guy (he had another ebay-identity then) a few months ago and never heard of him again after sending money. Don't buy from him!

christian

Social source share

This is indeed a recurring problem, i remember we've had the same discusion about avery similar scam a few months ago. These guys are actually quite easy to avoid...they're always from the southern side of Belgium (Namur, Charleroi,...) and have no or a low feedback score and they auction records that are very interesting for rare soul collectors.

Maybe it's good to know that Charleroi has the highest crime/fraud rate in western europe...

So if you anyone with the same profile...avoid at all cost!!!!!!!!!

I guess i could ask around a bit to see if anyone knows of any fishy northern soul people in that area, but i doubt i'll find any valuable information...

it's just a shame that these guys make it very difficult for any belgian soul dealer to build any credibility...

Social source share

Thanks

Mark

I'm sure I've read stuff about this guy before now.

Well dodgy.

Buyer Beware.

(allegedly).

Lo & Behold. He is now deregistered!

Sean

Edited by Sean Hampsey
Social source share

Guest Jean-Marc

This is indeed a recurring problem, i remember we've had the same discusion about avery similar scam a few months ago. These guys are actually quite easy to avoid...they're always from the southern side of Belgium (Namur, Charleroi,...) and have no or a low feedback score and they auction records that are very interesting for rare soul collectors.

Maybe it's good to know that Charleroi has the highest crime/fraud rate in western europe...

So if you anyone with the same profile...avoid at all cost!!!!!!!!!

I guess i could ask around a bit to see if anyone knows of any fishy northern soul people in that area, but i doubt i'll find any valuable information...

it's just a shame that these guys make it very difficult for any belgian soul dealer to build any credibility...

Is it ok if you live even further down south ? :thumbsup:

I don't know this Philippe Henrioul but I'm pretty certain I bought records with his name on (stamp) - back in the early eighties ...

Feedback like that (0) is always looking suspicious - so yes, avoid, but as he's unregistered already, there's no risk :huh:

And yes, these *$£Â¹%° make it very difficult for us to sell on Ebay. :angry:

Social source share

Guest sigher the gutter snype

yeah i also got stung a few years back, dont know if it was the same kat from belguim

but paid for a sam fletcher and never heard from him again

sad for the belguims as i simple wont buy or even entertain anyone from belgium again

we are normal folk who just simple cant afford to risk losing our hard earnt money.

Social source share

I think it's just one Belgian who is responsible for years of these scams. If you think about it: the chances of there being many outright concience-free robbing scumbags out there who also know quite a lot about rare soul / popcorn are fairly slim.

I think it's just this notorious 'philipe Salamone' twat using a multitude of names - i think he uses real peoples' identities, maybe from empty / rented houses and seems based in the Charleroi / Mons area.

He definitely knows his stuff, and even has records, as I actually got 2 rare records from him before getting ripped off for some others - at the time he was pretending to be a woman - an idea he probably had in prison while getting rimmed by his cell mate.

Anyway, the other prominent Belgian dealers - Michel Scarpone, Soul Attic, fill1999 to name a few are excellent - friendly and really honest from my experience.

Edited by mik parry
Social source share

From his last batch he sold 23 items worth just over $1000. If he gets half of it in he has a nice little earner.

Even though he uses a PO box some collectors in Belgium must know him. He's done this several times and it does reflect on all Belgium sellers because most of us are extra careful now when dealing with anyone from that country.

I did bid on 1 record which I won. When he sent me an email asking for cash payment I replied saying that I was suspicous due to what I heard. He responded a couple of days later saying that he would send the record and that I could send him the cash after the record arrived. Its not turned up a week later and perhaps he thought that would give him time until the cash turned up from some of the winners. Hopefully some saw what was put about him on the site and didnt send the cash but you can bet some did.

Is'nt there a Belgium version of the Soul Police?

Social source share

I think it's just one Belgian who is responsible for years of these scams. If you think about it: the chances of there being many outright concience-free robbing scumbags out there who also know quite a lot about rare soul / popcorn are fairly slim.

I think it's just this notorious 'philipe Salamone' twat using a multitude of names - i think he uses real peoples' identities, maybe from empty / rented houses and seems based in the Charleroi / Mons area.

He definitely knows his stuff, and even has records, as I actually got 2 rare records from him before getting ripped off for some others - at the time he was pretending to be a woman - an idea he probably had in prison while getting rimmed by his cell mate.

Anyway, the other prominent Belgian dealers - Michel Scarpone, Soul Attic, fill1999 to name a few are excellent - friendly and really honest from my experience.

There are many more great dealersin Belgium that I could mention...but I won't give up my sources !!!! ha ha ha

Social source share

I think in order to prove your point, and to maintain the good reputation of the great Belgian people, you should tell me who all your sources are. :D

now let me think....ermmmmmm NO

Social source share

Is it ok if you live even further down south ? :lol:

Sorry if it sounded like an offence to the walloons, i was just pointing out his profile, as he always picks an adress in one of the main cities in the region as 'his adress'. Sometimes i wish i lived there instead of a dull city in flanders where the Nazi party has the highest number of votes...

Maybe if we work together a bit and ask around a bit it's possible to find this guy if we know his real name. But i bet he is smart enough to always use aliases.

yeah i also got stung a few years back, dont know if it was the same kat from belguim

but paid for a sam fletcher and never heard from him again

sad for the belguims as i simple wont buy or even entertain anyone from belgium again

we are normal folk who just simple cant afford to risk losing our hard earnt money.

If you have to avoid every country that has some dodgy record dealers maybe it's time to start buying off guys from Andorra or something. Feedback percentage is more important than the location of the seller i think.

cheers

dudeski

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert