Johnny Howard - The Chase Is On: has this been reissued?

White demo of this just failed to sell on eBay and has been relisted. Reserve price of £182 evidently not enough for the seller... The copy for sale does not look like any of the white DJ copies on  Popsike, the text hints at it being remastered and a lot of matrix numbers have been quoted in the sales blurb. Anyone out there with further info on this?

Social source share

33 minutes ago, FRANKIE CROCKER said:

White demo of this just failed to sell on eBay and has been relisted. Reserve price of £182 evidently not enough for the seller... The copy for sale does not look like any of the white DJ copies on  Popsike, the text hints at it being remastered and a lot of matrix numbers have been quoted in the sales blurb. Anyone out there with further info on this?

I noticed that for sale and relisted. The seller has only recently joined ebay, has Zero feedback and when I looked, had no other items for sale.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

25 minutes ago, bo diddley said:

I noticed that for sale and relisted. The seller has only recently joined ebay, has Zero feedback and when I looked, had no other items for sale.

Yep, I noticed this too. Puzzled why the Bashie is circled on the original demos featured on Popsike, but not this version? Given the demand fir this recird and latest sales prices, I could understand why someone might want to press more up.

Social source share

1 hour ago, FRANKIE CROCKER said:

Thats because ITS A VERY RARE WEST COAST W/DEMO like mine.....I am thinking of getting Manny to auction it.  Aint it got sad that, and I am guilty of it too, that we have ALL become suspicious of all the F**King records that have been bootlegged or are being sold with scanned labels.

Sadly if it didnt sell then someone missed a real rarity here....                                                                                                                                              I have had my copy for over 15 years from a very well respected dealer but have never seen a West Coast issue ?  In reality I rate the copy I have in value at about £400 but dont know what the Ebay seller was hoping to get ?   The east coast VINYL demo copies and green issues are all legit obviously. Here is a scan of my ORIGINAL WEST COAST W/D.......5993705199334_jhoward.thumb.jpg.efe9afce49723164b1fda99cdb5966ed.jpg   

• Up vote 1
Social source share

There one of these on Discogs at present, the guy wants around £345 if I remember, which for a West Coast Wd is a really good price. The only boot of this is a green label Styrene thingy which shows the label design from the vinyl orig issue. I think this pressing came out in the 70's

Probably will keep it for now........unless another big want comes over the horizon....:thumbsup:  

• Up vote 1
Social source share

3 hours ago, hammie said:

There one of these on Discogs at present, the guy wants around £345 if I remember, which for a West Coast Wd is a really good price. The only boot of this is a green label Styrene thingy which shows the label design from the vinyl orig issue. I think this pressing came out in the 70's

Probably will keep it for now........unless another big want comes over the horizon....:thumbsup:  

Wise move Hammie. If this does go for big money, Manny should top that should you decide to sell. At the end of the day though, you're better off holding the record than having the cash...

Social source share

5 hours ago, hammie said:

I think it's the same bloke selling it (John Philipe Kellner of Texas?). Also a new sign up to Discogs. He's used the same photo for his sale on both sites. In fairness to him, I couldn't find that same photo anywhere else

Social source share

1 hour ago, bo diddley said:

I think it's the same bloke selling it (John Philipe Kellner of Texas?). Also a new sign up to Discogs. He's used the same photo for his sale on both sites. In fairness to him, I couldn't find that same photo anywhere else

The one on discogs looks mint....a good buy I reckon at that price....

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 8/15/2017 at 21:35, FRANKIE CROCKER said:

Got a link to page ?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!