Sending an item without tracking on ebay

Dylan

So if you post an item on ebay and dont send it either tracked or signed for then are you leaving yourself open to be shafted ?

buyer could receive item but say they havent and open a case on ebay.  Ebay then issue them a refund and you have lost your goods as well.

is the only way to protect yourself to send everytning singed for or tracked ? The high postage could put buyers off.

it seems heavily weighted against sellers.

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

10 hours ago, dylan said:

So if you post an item on ebay and dont send it either tracked or signed for then are you leaving yourself open to be shafted ?

buyer could receive item but say they havent and open a case on ebay.  Ebay then issue them a refund and you have lost your goods as well.

is the only way to protect yourself to send everytning singed for or tracked ? The high postage could put buyers off.

It's not just an E-Bay problem, the same applies to anything paid for via Paypal however sold, e-bay,discogs, etc. etc.

Social source share

8 hours ago, jkpnefc said:

Still covered up to £20 with proof of postage 

Yes, but the buyer has to co-operate with you and claim via the Royal Mail, if he won't co-operate he can just claim and get refunded by e-bay/paypal out of the sellers account. I've sold 1000s of records, over the last few years, and only had about 10 go missing in the UK, (Italy and France are another matter). Apart from twice the buyer has claimed off the Royal Mail and been refunded every time with proof of postage. These were all low value claims of course, anything over 20 quid goes recorded/signed for depending on value.

If I ever get buyers not wanting to pay the extra postage I insist that they pay by Paypal Gift.

Edited by Kegsy
Social source share

19 hours ago, dylan said:

Yes mate, I send EVERYTHING recorded at just about £2.30 well worth it and if it's multiple amounts then special delivery at around £7-8.00. I will have some £10.00 sounds for sale on Ebay on Sunday evening they will ONLY be sent signed for.

Social source share

This was an item of clothing going from uk to canada to send it tracked was going to cost about 20 quid just under 1/2 what i sold the item for and a lot more than what i used as a postage amount.  I didnt factor in having to ship it that far pretty much all my sales are uk and europe.

i guess i have to take this on the chin and either have large overseas postage values and sell less or just do europe only on bigger parcels.

he might be being honest and it really has got lost but i have know way of knowing and suspect he had it and knows he can now get it for free.

Edited by dylan
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!