Price wanted - Ruth Davis 'Money' (Kent)

Benji

Picked this up the other day Ruth Davis "I need money" on Kent issue. To my surprise I couldn't find any documented sale of such an issue, neither Popsike nor Discogs. Only white demos.

Is the issue that rare? And what would be a fair price for it?

Thanks

Benji

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Indeed, I had to wait sometime to cross along and get my stocker to avoid those totally dull late Kent promos. But I'm not sure that many are as picky as me on such mathers. So it flags the same kind of prices I should believe 20-40 maybe ? Some are asking 75 but I doubt anybody who is a bit "up there" will spend that for this.

Social source share

Thanks for the replies. So I take it, issue is harder to find than the demo.

I noticed the copies on Discogs. But as I said, no documented sale. I mean, folks on Discogs can ask whatever they want for their records. The point is, would the records actually sell for the asking price?

It's a nice record, but not sure if it's a keeper.....

Social source share

3 hours ago, Benji said:

Thanks for the replies. So I take it, issue is harder to find than the demo.

I noticed the copies on Discogs. But as I said, no documented sale. I mean, folks on Discogs can ask whatever they want for their records. The point is, would the records actually sell for the asking price?

It's a nice record, but not sure if it's a keeper.....

I agree Benji, it's a nice dance track if not a bit average. Would someone pay £50 for it - in today's market I guess they would. Whilst it's fairly average (imo) there are lots of poorer records fetching more money. It isn't something I would buy.

Pete

Social source share

Well "average"maybe, like not a revolution in music. Rather mechanical, basic and straight forward funky thang. I agree. But it's clean, good and has a real drive. I bought mine a while ago. Indeed I don't think to put it on my turntable home too often. Still it sits well in my Kent 45's collection. A bit of a mindless left field stuff.

I played it out occasionally as a "filler" in the prime times when not many in the room pay attention to the tunes and it does it's job. Plus the lyric of a malicious "girlfriend partner" in need is maybe not the words everyone wants to hear. All this makes it somehow the "not politically correct" romantic classic never to be.

Unless the "Euro" northern scene takes it to another level... unlikely IMHO !

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert