Getting An Old Friend Back

Pete S

14 minutes ago, FRANKIE CROCKER said:

Look at it as a gift from heaven for making 37,000 posts on Soul Source...

Bit slack lately though have only made about 8 posts this year, I was accidentally locked out for 14 months (by me I mean not the site)

Edited by Pete S
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

11 hours ago, Pete S said:

Look what I've got - after 10 years it returns - I originally got it off eBay in 2002, sold it to my mate John, had it back off him, sold it to my mate Mick, then spent the last few years trying to get it back again to keep. I ended up paying six or seven times what I originally paid for it, but it's worth it to me and I've still never seen another one...welcome home Dean Courtney :-)

IMG_7914.jpg

IMG_7915.jpg

Jeez, go get a room.

Social source share

4 hours ago, sheldonsoul said:

To think there's got to be a box load lying round in a barn in the states somewhere,  unless of course they all got destroyed 😢😢

Me too, I expect something not to be happy about the rarity of this sole stocker from MGM. From the mid sixties, Verve and MGM 45's that didn't sell as expected all and always ended in the sales stalls with a drill hole.

Where this one didn't suffer the drill cut fate if ever it didn't sell. Likely it never made it to the stores. As the other stocker pressed. And as you suggested likely got withdrawn and god knows what happened to them after...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!