5 For Sale All With Soundclips Fern Kinney, Jj Jackson

Derek Pearson

Right if I've understood it properley I have to start off a new topic and then - because at the moment you can only add refoclips into a reply - I have to reply to myself so I can tag in a sound clip.

All these are for sale: All are Ex. P&P extra. UK chq or Paypal with 4%.

Buster Benton "Thats the reason" (Melloway) serious deep soul indeed, rare local release before Twinight picked it up. Flip "Hole in my head" is RnB. £25 Reduced down to £20

The Equations "Oh you sweet darling" (All Platinum) nice ballad with just enough movement to keep it interesting. Quite a hard number, same group who also cut for Dakar. £20 SOLD

Sylvia Thomas "At last" (Bamboo) Catchy midpace finger snapper as Roger would say. Unusuakl plain green design and the opening shot on this label more famous for the Voicemasters releases. £20 SOLD

JJ Jackson "It seems like I've been here before" (Calla) double sided demo. Overlooked yet dramatic big voiced beat ballad jobbie. £15

Fern Kinney "Sweet devil" (Atlantic) WDJ. Quirky yet very distinctive dancer rumoured to have been played covered up a few years ago. Ms Kinney along with Dorothy Moore was previously in the Poppies ("Pain in my heart") on Epic. This was her first solo 45 released 27 March 1968 so the date stamp reckons. The flip "Your love's not reliable" features on several southern soul CDs but strangely it does nothing for my ears. £20. SOLD

Offers considered if it aint sold. PM or email D.Pearson@bradford.ac.uk

cheers, derek

Edited by Derek Pearson
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 7
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

The Equations "Oh you sweet darling" (All Platinum) nice ballad with just enough movement to keep it interesting. Quite a hard number, same group who also cut for Dakar. £20

The Equations on All Platinum is definitely not the same as the Dakar group. The Dakar is clearly a kiddie group and came out more than 5 years later than the all platinum group.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!