Jimmy and The Sun Dials on JM

Jim G

JM Auction about to finish Jimmy and The Sun Dials for over £3,000 and this copy sold on Ebay a few weeks ago for $123.(not the one JM is selling). Someone got a right bargain!!!!

https://www.popsike.com/JIMMY-The-SUN-DIALS-Where-Did-I-Lose-You-All-About-You-45-VTONE-V503/132244672521.html

https://www.raresoulman.co.uk/auction/soul-auction/soul-auction-ending-this-week/jimmy-and-the-sun-dials-where-did-i-lose-you-all-about-you-v-tone-promo.html

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

21 minutes ago, jim g said:

After close inspection of the picture of the labels, it could well be. Maybe JM bought it himself?

Yes i had a good look at the images and they look exactly the same to me patriculary the minor wear in the box behind the v.

Social source share

2 minutes ago, mgriff said:

Hi guys. Yes it is the same record that was on ebay in July.

For the buyers benefit (tho I'm pretty sure he knows anyway) and to satisfy the curiosity on here - I do believe that this copy is now the known 3rd demo on this scene, and I believe all 3 are now back residing in the states.

There may likely be other copies held by the doo-wop squad but I wouldn't know.

In the earlier thread started in February this year I did actually post a picture of the same record and did intimate it would likely be going to auction.

Thanks for the good fortune comments and yeah I did have a few scoops that night.

As a footnote I didn't actually find it on ebay myself, it was a friend of mine and we bought it between us.

I stand corrected. Probably best the copies are in the States where they may be more appreciated by the woppy-doo squad.

Social source share

1 hour ago, mgriff said:

For the buyers benefit (tho I'm pretty sure he knows anyway) and to satisfy the curiosity on here - I do believe that this copy is now the known 3rd demo on this scene, and I believe all 3 are now back residing in the states.

In the earlier thread started in February this year I did actually post a picture of the same record and did intimate it would likely be going to auction.

Thanks for the good fortune comments and yeah I did have a few scoops that night.

As a footnote I didn't actually find it on ebay myself, it was a friend of mine and we bought it between us.

Well done.

Social source share

20 hours ago, mgriff said:

A few scoops well earned

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert