Most active in this topic

Guest Polyvelts
5 hours ago, Peter99 said:

Janice - Skip Mahoney

Sam Dees - Brother Man

James Brown - Wake Up and Live

Charles Johnson - Love So Good

There are loads...............

Janice is a great call 👍 Though really this thread is lost on northern - you gotta go deeper !

Social source share

Guest Polyvelts

Joe Tex !!!! King of chat ! 

'Be kind to old people '

'all the heaven s man needs'

and my personal favorite 

'be cool (Willie is dancing with a cissy)'

Social source share

9 hours ago, Derek Pearson said:

Maybe not regarded as a northern soul track by many - Lou Rawls 'Dead End Street' Parts 1 & 2 merged together would rate as one of my favourite 'talking songs'. Dx

Lou Rawls "See You When I Git There" would rate as one of my least favourite talking songs.

Social source share

On 1 septembre 2017 at 19:46, dobber said:

stepstones-lonely one,does a speaking bit in the middle,it ruins the song completely! its that bad i cant listen to it!

I voted for but it's all the same at that stage. It is indeed not "clean". That is why I much prefer this version to the Tempos's cut actually. That "bad" BIG/DEEP VOICE negroid slam is just surprisingly fantastic the first time you hear it. Puts a grim smile on my face while laughing inside. Since that first time I can't stop listening to it ! Had to have a copy. And it's been 25 years now... Still works the same on me.

OK, I love the "corky" bits and in the Fidels 'I'm giving you notice' on Doré the female break in the middle comes in after the guy's list of argument to her bullshit and she still comes in like a Princess; are you going believe what I tell ya or are you going to believe what you see ? And he goes in despair Aaaaaah... Unworthy of any more beans spilling: NOTICE baby ! I'm gonna find another girl. Almost but not quite macho.

Tastik :thumbup:

Social source share

12 hours ago, Soulsaddler said:

Laura Lee - Since I fell for you

Love that choon also Yvonne Fair Walk Out That Door If You Wanna.

" I'm gonna drop a dime on a good friend of mine, tell him I'm free come on and get me"   Top lyrics.

Edited by Kegsy
Social source share

23 hours ago, tlscapital said:

I voted for but it's all the same at that stage. It is indeed not "clean". That is why I much prefer this version to the Tempos's cut actually. That "bad" BIG/DEEP VOICE negroid slam is just surprisingly fantastic the first time you hear it. Puts a grim smile on my face while laughing inside. Since that first time I can't stop listening to it ! Had to have a copy. And it's been 25 years now... Still works the same on me.

OK, I love the "corky" bits and in the Fidels 'I'm giving you notice' on Doré the female break in the middle comes in after the guy's list of argument to her bullshit and she still comes in like a Princess; are you going believe what I tell ya or are you going to believe what you see ? And he goes in despair Aaaaaah... Unworthy of any more beans spilling: NOTICE baby ! I'm gonna find another girl. Almost but not quite macho.

Tastik :thumbup:

the tempos isnt great either,the backing singers are so out of tune it makes your toes curl!

Social source share

On 9/2/2017 at 11:29, Steve S 60 said:

Lou Rawls "See You When I Git There" would rate as one of my least favourite talking songs.

"Let me be good to you" works very well for me, as does "See you when I git there".

Archie Bell & the Drells, "Tighten up" (followed years later by Wally Jump Jr & the Criminal Element's version)

Barry White spoke on loads, but if we're sticking strictly to NS, then "What am I gonna do with you" surely qualifies

James Brown, "For goodness sakes, take a look at those cakes" :lol:

Prince Philip Mitchell, "I'm so happy"

Back to Lou:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!