Cody Black: Going Going Gone

Supercorsa

Just been browsing Pat Brady's site and he has Cody Black's Going Going Gone on a Ram-Brock red label. He states this is the first issue. Then on John Manships site it states that the blue label is the first issue. Can anyone tell which is the first release? :)

I've got a blue label one which I bought at Solid Hit for a tenner. :shhh:

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I have a red one and always thought the blue was just a different pressing plant, but having seen both, think the blue one looks more authentic and if I had to choose I would say the blue is first issue and would go by John Manship

I personally am not too bothered just thought I'd ask, I think the red one looks better :) . A bit like the Constellation releases some have the stars on, others don't. I haven't been to the tailors yet to be fitted with my anorak. :shhh:

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Just been browsing Pat Brady's site and he has Cody Black's Going Going Gone on a Ram-Brock red label. He states this is the first issue. Then on John Manships site it states that the blue label is the first issue. Can anyone tell which is the first release? :)

I've got a blue label one which I bought at Solid Hit for a tenner. :shhh:

Unbelievably, I scored this as a new release promo from Ram-Brock, back in the late 60s when I used to write away to any label that I could get an address for, and audaciously blag whatever I could!

It was on that 'blue' label (actually I think you'll find its more teal-coloured, but it certainly ain't red!)

TONE :lol:

Social source share

Unbelievably, I scored this as a new release promo from Ram-Brock, back in the late 60s when I used to write away to any label that I could get an address for, and audaciously blag whatever I could!

It was on that 'blue' label (actually I think you'll find its more teal-coloured, but it certainly ain't red!)

TONE :thumbsup:

Cody Black told me that the red ones were the original issue, and blue ones were counterfeit, he could well have only ever seen local Detroit issues and as you say the blue ones were pressed outside of Detroit.

All the other releases by cody in my collection are red, the only blue one is by the Magictones.

Regards

Paul

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert