Mickie Champion - What Good Am I

Markd

• Replies 11
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

The original bootleg is sky blue label stuck on styrene. The fake dark-blue replica is possibly a photocopied label stuck on a styrene disc - there are two of these on Popsike for comparison. The original record is on vinyl with a moulded label if my memory is correct. Best way to tell is compare the original and suspected fake. Do us all a favour and snap the fake in two to keep it out of circulation.

Social source share

9 hours ago, FRANKIE CROCKER said:

The original bootleg is sky blue label stuck on styrene. The fake dark-blue replica is possibly a photocopied label stuck on a styrene disc - there are two of these on Popsike for comparison. The original record is on vinyl with a moulded label if my memory is correct. Best way to tell is compare the original and suspected fake. Do us all a favour and snap the fake in two to keep it out of circulation.

Or better still snap them both - terrible stompy record that isn't soul at all. 

Social source share

50 minutes ago, Paul Capon said:

Or better still snap them both - terrible stompy record that isn't soul at all. 

I like the record lots and lots. Great dancer. Finally managed to replace the sky-blue boot with an original a couple of years ago.

In 1979, I copied all the lyrics onto a Valentine's Day card - mind you, she wasn't impressed either.

Social source share

Thanks for all the reply's. Really useful. Hopefully the one I just brought off evil bay is correct. The seller assured me it is vinyl with a 'moulded' over label .

The dark blue boot, I've been informed, came out in 2016 Pete, and has no matrix numbers just 'What Good Am I'  in the deadwax.

Many thanks

Mark

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!