Daybreak

Andykempster

• Replies 34
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

3 minutes ago, Peter99 said:

There's more than a handful around. It's a quality record - one of the few that were game changers on the scene courtesy of Richard S. Whether or not you can persuade someone to sell is a different matter. And if you can it won't be cheap.

In my top ten essily. 

Pete

:thumbsup:

I don't expect to pick it up cheap, it's been a record I have wanted for some time now )since I first heard it in the 80's)  and am fully aware of what I may end up paying for it.

I was curious to see how many copies people thought were around, to my knowledge (which to be fair is quite limited) I didn't think there were that many

I had one in my hands a few years ago but at the time it was very much out of my league, funnily enough now it isn't can I get my mitts on a copy.... not so easy

for me it is the holy grail...ah well

Social source share

2 hours ago, AndyKempster said:

I don't expect to pick it up cheap, it's been a record I have wanted for some time now )since I first heard it in the 80's)  and am fully aware of what I may end up paying for it.

I was curious to see how many copies people thought were around, to my knowledge (which to be fair is quite limited) I didn't think there were that many

I had one in my hands a few years ago but at the time it was very much out of my league, funnily enough now it isn't can I get my mitts on a copy.... not so easy

for me it is the holy grail...ah well

It's a corker mate. I'll keep my eye out for you. If I see one I'll snap it up and if you're still looking I'll pm you. 

Goof luck.

Pete

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest son of stan

Was the reissue on PAP from about 10 years ago official? I've always thought it was for some reason but not sure why...

Anyway, one of those on Discogs now for £50! (Not mine!)

Social source share

2 hours ago, son of stan said:

Was the reissue on PAP from about 10 years ago official? I've always thought it was for some reason but not sure why...

Anyway, one of those on Discogs now for £50! (Not mine!)

I'm pretty sure that they are a legal repress. I'm sure someone will prove me wrong! Not the same as having the original though is it.

:lol:

Social source share

20 hours ago, AndyKempster said:

do you know where I can pick a copy up from then?

The reissue looks good, but you will probably know, the original has white writing around the bottom of the label!

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Guest son of stan
4 hours ago, Peter99 said:

I'm pretty sure that they are a legal repress. I'm sure someone will prove me wrong! Not the same as having the original though is it.

:lol:

I know what you mean. But I used to have it in the 80s on a acetate that someone had got made up. At the time, I couldn't bear to have such an abomination in my collection so I sold it on to a fairly well-known dj who went on to feature in his sets and pack the floor with it..I! Im more than happy with the reissue now, on the other hand! :D

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest woolie mark

Soul Bowl were selling this for £10 a copy back in about 1980/81.  It was going for what was a large sum back then, and then it suddenly appeared on Soul Bowl list for £10.

Social source share

5 minutes ago, Ted Massey said:

Here you go Pete from Google images mines a lot cleaner 

Cheers Ted

That looks very nice indeed. Easy in my top five "modern" tracks and has stood the test of time for me ever since I first heard Sir Dickie play it at Wigan as Tyrone Edwards. Sold my issue many moons ago and half tempted to get another one since I started collecting again a couple of years ago. 

Pete

:hatsoff2:

Social source share

Guest woolie mark
3 hours ago, Ted Massey said:

Here you go Pete from Google images mines a lot cleaner 

Wow.....I've seen a photo of a demo before but never seen one or met anyone who has one, it must be shit rare.

Edited by woolie mark
Social source share

On 27.9.2017 at 00:04, cover-up said:

Any love for the UK Main Ingredient take of "Everything Man"? I reckon it's decent and it's approximately a hundredth of the price... 

Nice version. But once you're familiar with Daybreak you'll see it's pretty weak in comparison. In my opinion.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!