Turley Richards £400 Waiting !!!

Hammie

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 

7 minutes ago, 3b48 said:

One on ebay, think you will hard pushed to get one for £400 gone stupid money, like many others.

That why I have posted this want......was going for the one on ebay.....but its rediculous....good luck to the seller if people with more money than 'a sense of proportion' are bidding, what chance have I got at getting one at what I consider is TOP DOLLAR for this......Demmand frenzy as usual on our scene... 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

It really amazes me the story behind this Turley Richards 45 and its connections with Jimmy James and the Vagabonds. "I feel alright" is written by Jimmy James and recorded by both artists, and the b-side "I can't get back home to my baby" is written by Turley Richards and also recorded by both!! Any more info why these two artists: one based in USA and the other based in the UK have this connection? I'd love to know.

Edited by dimples
Social source share

14 hours ago, dimples said:

It really amazes me the story behind this Turley Richards 45 and its connections with Jimmy James and the Vagabonds. "I feel alright" is written by Jimmy James and recorded by both artists, and the b-side "I can't get back home to my baby" is written by Turley Richards and also recorded by both!! Any more info why these two artists: one based in USA and the other based in the UK have this connection? I'd love to know.

The best person to ask is Turley Richards himself, he is on facebook, spoke to him a few times, he may have the answer to your question.

Social source share

24 minutes ago, hammie said:

Well it IS possible to pay less a mate of mine got one for £250 in July......thats why I'll keep trying at between 400-500 range....

Someone on here got a result yesterday on an ANGELA DAVIS for only just over £300 !!!!

I wonder how often the people who love to quote the high prices actually pay them.  I dont see the point of just quoting high values.

patience is the best way when looking for a want.

Social source share

I'd just buy the one on eBay on the off chance it will be the last you see for sale, the condition may be as good as you will get, the record will hold it's value and probably appreciate in years to come, you can tick it off the wants list to focus on the next elusive record, err that's plenty of reasons...

Musically, it's a great track and a floorpacker to boot.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

11 hours ago, FRANKIE CROCKER said:

I'd just buy the one on eBay on the off chance it will be the last you see for sale, the condition may be as good as you will get, the record will hold it's value and probably appreciate in years to come, you can tick it off the wants list to focus on the next elusive record, err that's plenty of reasons...

Musically, it's a great track and a floorpacker to boot.

Ha-ha that's the logic I've used on many an occasion. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

2 minutes ago, George G said:

Jeez, is it really necessary to slag off a record on a wants thread?  

Hi there, I put up the want on this thread originally .......but cant be asked to get involved....its just another of many records of my varied taste that I would like....world would be a dull place if we all had the same taste would'nt it ?   I like some sweet soul, some funky edged soul, some RnB, some old school Northern, some new releases, some ultra rare , some blue eyed soul, some top 500, some 70s/80s ......and so on, aint we lucky we can access so much different SOUL these days..... 

• Up vote 3
Social source share

10 hours ago, hammie said:

That GENE MILLER is good tho' mate..... :thumbsup:......Have you heard Caretakers Prophesy....People.....great stuff

Yes mate, I have a copy of that, I also have a Turley Richards in my R&B plays, good luck in your search, there are a few that pop up now and again, if I hear of a copy that's up for grabs, I'll give you a shout, 👍

• Up vote 1
Social source share