Peter99

Quite a Proud Work Moment for me today!

Huge Congratulations to you Pete and all your team on winning that is a fantastic achievement, especially with putting it across the big boys! :thumbup: :hatsoff2: 

Thanks everyone. Hopefully it will provide us with a great opportunity to raise the profile of both our organisation and of the fantastic work my team do.

:hatsoff2:

Pete 

15 minutes ago, baz1 said:

Curious to know what your budget was pete after nasa's measley amount :wicked::lol: atb and big up

Our turnover is about a £million a year Baz. As a charity we have to find that money ourselves - we do a fair bit of tendering and writing bids to trusts and other funders etc. A big ask on top of trying to deliver vital services all of which struggle to meet demand and have waiting lists.

Thanks for your supportive comments mate.

:thumbsup:

Pete

Edited by Peter99

3 minutes ago, Peter99 said:

Our turnover is about a £million a year Baz. As a charity we have to find that money ourselves - we do a fair bit of tendering and writing bids to trusts and other finders etc. A big ask on top of trying to deliver vital services all of which struggle to meet demand and have waiting lists.

Thanks for your supportive comments mate.

:thumbsup:

Pete

Wow !!!!makes your achievement even more spectacular pete :thumbup:

Well done Pete  and The rest of your team Maya, Gillian, and  Paul for a wonderful and successful  team effort you must be well Chuffed, So Well Deserved for your hard work and dedication for those in need and so vulnerable.

Rick

Brilliant Pete and thanks for sharing it with us it as just made my eyes water reading it keep doing what you do and pal and it goes to show the little people win sometimes cheers yocky

Wow! Thanks everyone - the support is very humbling. We'll enjoy our moment of success and hopefully get some great publicity.

Back at the proper job today dealing with a homeless client who hung himself in the park and supporting a member of staff with a safeguarding issue regarding an 18 month old baby being struck hard twice by his mum. I wouldn't normally pick up the safeguarding issue at case level but two of my managers were out.

Did some boring meetings too. GRRRR!

Thanks again.

Pete

However - kicking NASA's ass will be a fond memory for a long time!

On 08/09/2017 at 20:43, Peter99 said:

Some of you may be aware that I lead a third sector organisation which works with homeless and vulnerable people. We're a small team - there are about forty of us. Anyway, we recently led on a piece of work which looked at Knowledge Management in the Third Sector. One of our strategic partners was Loughborough University Business School. Together we developed an academic paper, which was submitted to an annual international awards competition - International Knowledge Management and Intellectual Capital Awards. We were short listed back in May and invited to present at the University of Catalonia, in Barcelona at a three day conference which took place Wednesday, Thursday and Friday this week. We did our main presentation yesterday and beat 17 global companies. Last night we were shortlisted down to three - NASA, the European Patent Office and us. We presented again this afternoon and we won! 

I'm so proud of my team - they do difficult and complex work every day. Working with homeless clients, who have multiple diagnoses such as poor mental health, drug and alcohol addiction, young people at risk of homelessness or sexual exploitation, people who are in abusive and violent relationships and people who just cant manage their tenancy or mortgage because they have lost their job etc, and are about to be evicted. They're an amazing, committed and compassionate team.

And today, we kicked NASA's ass - their annual budget is £20 billion pounds a year!

IMG_2454.thumb.JPG.cf259e0d5944aec45e827f491971c9fd.JPG 

God bless you my friend.  They are some very special people who you work with. What a result.  :hatsoff2::hatsoff2::hatsoff2: You must be buzzing Peter.

Steve 

Join or log in now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links