mike

Freebasing Current Affairs ?

As know about 18 months ago we cut out 'current affairs' discussion from the freebasing 

The main reason being the negative effect such talk was having on the rest of site in various ways

Site improvements over time mean that we may now be able to offer a stand apart members only section that should not affect the rest of the soul source site.

This improvement is the availability of a type of  'club' feature 

basically once set up members will have to deliberately choose to join and all talk/interaction will be separate from the rest of site members 

this feature can be used for any areas of discussion and for the first runout was thinking 'current affairs' may be suitable

let us know any thoughts/questions  on this before flick switches etc

also be on the lookout for someone to 'look' after it

thanks

mike

I think an exclusive "members club" is a great idea. Not keen on any "current affairs" discussions as it invariably descends into political polemics and slanging matches. :dash2: Of course, there's no obligation on members to take part in such discussions should they not wish to. :thumbsup:

6 hours ago, Spain pete said:

Most people with half a brain should be able to debate without resorting to slanging matches ,close them down if they don't adhere to the rules otherwise once again we are letting  the lunatics run the asylum. IMO✌🎶

yet you have form for posting off topic political posts recently in the soul forums

how does that work?

1 hour ago, Kegsy said:

I think you already know my opinion on this Mike.

nah i don't Kegsy

I can guess in favour, but my first post was asking for views on a new club feature concerning itself with 'current affairs' which will be a different kettle of fish than allowing such post in a public forum

will leave this topic running for a day or so 

I think as a stand alone , add on, we should give it a try Mike - the site needs to keep evolving in a positive way. It may well be that the desire to do current affairs has waned amongst the membership as we haven't had it for ages. 

Pete

:thumbsup:

Perception?  of a slip of the finger 😱

1 hour ago, mike said:

yet you have form for posting off topic political posts recently in the soul forums

how does that work?

nah i don't Kegsy

I can guess in favour, but my first post was asking for views on a new club feature concerning itself with 'current affairs' which will be a different kettle of fish than allowing such post in a public forum

will leave this topic running for a day or so 

Just now, Spain pete said:

Perception?  of a slip of the finger 😱

sorry but don't get that, rather than take this topic offtopic may be best if you pm me

cheers

mike

I personally don't think topics involving politics have ever brought any value to the site. They always end up with some resorting to insults when they've lost the argument. 

I use another forum where politics and current affairs are discussed continually   Alomg with just about every topic going.

i like it and its only discussing things that affect our everyday lives so worthy of discussion imo.

15 hours ago, Peter99 said:

I think as a stand alone , add on, we should give it a try Mike - the site needs to keep evolving in a positive way. It may well be that the desire to do current affairs has waned amongst the membership as we haven't had it for ages. 

Pete

:thumbsup:

to be blunt a major issue seems to be be that people just don't seem to take in things on here

never mind

once id someone to look after will get it going

Join or log in now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links