Soul sample ID

Guest Niclauke

Guest Niclauke

People have been searching everywhere for the sample to this track since 2008, and since nobody posted it here yet I figured i'd do it. Apologize if this is posted in the wrong forum.

I am looking for the soul sample used in the track "Elzhi - Save Ya"

The lyrics go something like: "I am so unhappy 'bout your love"

Listen to the track here (you can hear the sample properly w/o the rap vocals at 3:01)

Elzhi - Save Ya - YouTube

Someone has also posted a slowed down version here:

Slowed Down Version

Hope somebody knows!

Thanks,
Nic

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest woolie mark

I don't know what it is, but if that's a vibraphone in the backing to a 70s disco artist's track isn't it likely to be played by Vince Montana?

That probably doesn't narrow it down much even if correct, as he probably played on literally hundreds of LP tracks with Salsoul Orch, etc?

Just guessing really

Social source share

• 7 months later...

Guest RBP901

Just wanted to bump this. I know there is quite a large following that has been trying to find what song was sampled on this Elzhi song. 
Anyone with any ideas/leads?

Social source share

I know about this track by Elzhi and the hunt to find the vocal sample but i personally love the fact that no one has actually gone and found this particular sample yet.

Not wanting to spoil the party or anything but as someone who produces music which is heavily sample based I constantly look for new ways to manipulate and mangle the sounds I use so they can't be easily recognized.

Elzhi has been clever with 'flipping' this one so fair play to him...He's avoiding getting sued possibly for copyright infringement for starters.

I don't know what it is myself either in case anyone's wondering although even if I did, I'm not sure  if I'd tell anyone what it was.

I've used samples that people have begged me to tell them the source of...no chance hehe,..go find it on your own.

I know its not been listed on

https://www.whosampled.com/

Surely there must be someone on the mainstream and underground Hip Hop forums who knows what this one is sampled from though   ?

I'd try digging for clues on those type of sites, if it finally does turn up anywhere it will be there.

Edited by Soulsides
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Guest RBP901

It's been posted on quite a few forums, including those with the most incredible 'sample diggers' but without any luck.
The producer of the beat, T3, once posted saying he lost the sample he used for it, unfortunately. To be honest, the chops seem quite straight forward, so I think the original is rare rather than the sample being distorted to a point beyond recognition. 

The reason I would like to find out is because I think the song that is sampled will be amazing haha, not for any other reason.

Edited by RBP901
Social source share

1 hour ago, RBP901 said:

The producer of the beat, T3, once posted saying he lost the sample he used for it,unfortunately.

Lololol 

I've heard that excuse a fair few times before...I've 'possibly' even used the same line myself once or twice..:wink:

T3 is first and foremost a Hip Hop producer, he didn't 'lose' it..he's just covering his ass legally more than likely in my opinion.

The problem with this particular sample is as soon as it's discovered and put out in the public domain, I can absolutely guarantee that it will be all over the internet like a rash.

Like yourself i've no doubt that there are plenty of folks who would just genuinely like to know what the track is just for listening purposes but there's also a shit ton of people who'll want to know what that sample is purely for the 'bragging' rights.

As I stated previously this is why I don't think I'd ever disclose what it was even if I knew the original source of the sample itself..that, no doubt will puzzle some people who will ask what the big deal is either way but that's also a kind of code of honour in the art of Beatmaking.

I'm under no illusions that this  won't turn up eventually though.

I  know the guy incidentally who made the slowed down version that's online..his name is Chief Bob and he's  a member of the same producers forum as myself so this has also been discussed on that particular site quite a bit over the years .

Good luck and happy digging in the meantime !

Edited by Soulsides
Social source share

• 9 months later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!