soul albums full on youtube

Mike

youtube has some albums in full available - current labels such as Tru Thoughts Record seem to make use of this 

here's one posted last year  - any caught your ear?

Buy: https://TruThoughts.lnk.to/4byTheBamboos

1- On the Sly 03:37 

2- Turn It Up feat Boom 07:18 

3- You Aint No Good 10:51 

4- Red Triangle 15:07 

5- Kings Cross 18:44 

6- The Ghost 22:21 

7- Up On the Hill 27:51 

8- Never Be the Girl 31:20 

9- Like Tears in Rain 34:54 

10- Keep Me in Mind 39:10 

11- Got to Get It Over 42:36

12- Typhoon 

The Bamboos fourth album 4 was released by Tru Thoughts in 2010. Of the 12 tracks three were instrumental and the remaining nine featured vocalists Kylie Auldist, Lyrics Born and King Merc (the latter actually Lance Ferguson with vocal processing effects). The album incorporated elements of Psychedelic Rock and soundtrack music into the blend of Funk, Soul and Hip Hop that comprised the sound of the band's earlier albums. It was also the first album to feature a live string section.

Kano Hollamby produced the album cover artwork which depicts the band looking out of framed boxes (Hollamby was responsible for all Bamboos album/release art up to this album), and two video clips were produced for the album's opening singles. UK's Blues & Soul Magazine called it 'Simply Stunning' and 'an Instant Classic'.

The band embarked on a tour of Australia, U.K and Europe adding Stevie Hesketh (Jet, The Drones) on keyboards, recording BBC Radio Sessions for Craig Charles and performing at venues such as The Barbican (U.K) and La Bellevilloise (France). The song 'On The Sly' was later used in a scene of the hit U.S movie Crazy, Stupid, Love. 'You Ain't No Good' featured on the U.S TV show Hellcats. In 2010 The Bamboos also appeared on ABC TV's Sunday Arts Show, headlined The St Kilda Festival and performed as the backing band for U.S Soul legends Syl Johnson and Eddie Floyd.

Tru Thoughts Online:

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

13 hours ago, snakepit said:

Johnnie Taylor "Raw Blues" ...Blue Stax era

Flaming Ember's first lp was on there.

Shirelles "lost and found"

More I'm sure

You don't really get forum posting at times do you?

The thinking with topics like this is that you post up just the one example ideally with a link, maybe a bit of background, say a listing, maybe a few words on why you are posting and then...

hopefully people listen, enjoy and talk about it

-----------------------------------

Anyway never sure with some of the full clips on youtube - have the labels been paid off or/and given permission for these videos up?

have to take it that they have, if not then they may need to be aware?

here's a comp that I have keep going back to over recent years...

available on most pay as you go streaming services

Pama Singles Collection Vol 1 & 2

1.- The Mohawks - The Champ

2.- Beverly Simmons - What A Guy

3.- The Crowns - Jerking The Dog

4.- Bobby Patterson & The Mustangs - Broadway Ain't Funky No More

5.- The Crowns - Call Me 6.- Roy Docker - Every Day Will Be Like A Holiday

7.- The Mohawks - Baby Hold On

8.- Norman T. Washington - You've Been Cheating

9.- Max Romeo - Wet Dream

10.- The Milwaukee Coasters - Oh Babe

11.- Rico Rodriguez - Soul Man

12.- The Classics - Honey Bee

13.- The Mohawks - Mony Mony

14.- The Crowns - Since You've Been Gone

15.- Bettye Lavette - Feel Good All Over

16.- Roy Docker - I'm An Outcast

17.- Norman T. Washington - Same Thing All Over

18.- Max Romeo - She's But A Little Girl

19.- The Classics - History Of Africa

20.- Laurel Aitken - Skinhead Train

21.- The Mohawks - Sound Of The Witchdoctor

22.- Norman T. Washington - Tip Toe

23.- Bobby Patterson & The Mustangs - The Good Ol' Days

24.- The Mohawks - Pepsi

25.- The Imperials - Black Is Soul

not a bad wed morning listening session eh?

Social source share

Many of these albums are not put up by the label and registered properly for streaming revenues to the collected, so are piracy in another form.  They often get taken down again fairly quickly.

Where the label has done it, it seems confusing to do that but then release it on CD too. They are literally killing off their own sales.

It's one thing to licence it to a full streaming service such as Spotify, GooglePlay etc but just to put the whole album on YouTube is daft I think.

I used to run a legal music streaming/download service and labels/artists are often so keen to get the music out they have no view on the commercial aspects, especially in this area of transition to fully digital.

Social source share

26 minutes ago, ThinkSmart said:

Many of these albums are not put up by the label and registered properly for streaming revenues to the collected, so are piracy in another form.  They often get taken down again fairly quickly.

Where the label has done it, it seems confusing to do that but then release it on CD too. They are literally killing off their own sales.

It's one thing to licence it to a full streaming service such as Spotify, GooglePlay etc but just to put the whole album on YouTube is daft I think.

I used to run a legal music streaming/download service and labels/artists are often so keen to get the music out they have no view on the commercial aspects, especially in this area of transition to fully digital.

seen quite a few current labels nowadays stream their 'current' releases in full, not always on youtube but via other free services inc own websites

online audio is in an interesting place nowadays and youtube does raise a few interesting q's

if a track/album is available online via a legal source then should we on here and similar places  ignore it or take it that by being on a legal site it is legal?

how can you tell/know if the artist or label has claimed advertising rights on the youtube clip as can happen?

should it be up to the labels to police theirs and artists interests?

my own feeling is to draw the line as per 'where if it is legally available then take it that it is legal'

any thoughts?

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Colemine Records had this up earlier this year year

Soul Scratch - Pushing Fire [FULL ALBUM STREAM]

1. Pacified 0:00
2. Look How Far We’ve Come 3:19
3. The Road Looks Long 6:13
4. Odessa Heat 9:04
5. It’s Not Over 12:14
6. Kiss Me In The Morning 16:59
7. Be Kind 20:14
8. Empty Cup 23:02
9. Fireside Lounge 26:10
10. Thank You 28:50

BUY SOUL SCRATCH!

Colemine Online Store via https://www.coleminerecords.com/

vinyl via

https://www.coleminerecords.com/collections/lp/products/b-soul-scratch-b-br-i-pushing-fire-i-lp

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

from last year but still worthwhile listening

1. Make A Change 0:00
2. Smile 3:29
3. Can't Keep My Cool 7:18
4. Groovy Babe 11:37
5. Giving Up 14:50
6. Is It Any Wonder? 19:58
7. Now I'm Gone 24:35
8. Tuck 'n' Roll 30:13

BUY DURAND JONES & THE INDICATIONS