best of both worlds-I want the world to know

Evening Session....

The Weeknights - What did I Do Wrong

Fourth Creation - I Think I Would Cry

The Diplomats - I'm So Glad I Found You

Don Hart - I Can Make It

Free Youth - You take too much time

The Ballads - Treat Me Like Your Woman

Four Below Zero - Tell Me Why (We Cant Be Friends)

Ramona King - Its You That I Want

Chicago Gangsters - Break Your Promise

Gods Gift To Women - Let Your Heart Be The Judge

Symphonic Four - Who Do You Think Your Fooling

The Cheers - I Made Up My Mind

Billy McGregor - Its My Turn Now

Cynthia & The Imaginary Three - That's What I Am

Black & Blue - Of All The Hearts To Break

Lifeforce - Whatch Gonna Do About Me

Skip Mahoney & The Casuals - We Share Love

Troy - And Tomorrow Means Another Day We're Apart

Thomas Sisters - Hey Pretty Boy

H. Andrews - Steppin Out

Great stuff. What a track Black and Blue is!

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/09/2017 at 22:02, Daz said:

The Cheers - I Made Up My Mind

Craig Butler and I ventured up north to this event on the train and a jolly good time was had.

Was sat quietly listening to this record, I knew all the words and was singing along with it badly. It reminded me just how brilliant it was.

But damn I couldn't name the tune no matter how hard I tried - I even wrote what I thought was the title down on a piece of paper to remind me.

Gone are the days when I could name a tune - especially if I had it in my collection - within the first 30 seconds, even earlier on a good day.

Now I have to cheat and wait for a clue in the chorus.**

Released in July of 1969 the flipside 'Take me to paradise' is a neat little dancer as well.

Derek

** or wait for playlists to be posted.....

Edited by Derek Pearson
Social source share

On 9/30/2017 at 17:27, Derek Pearson said:

Craig Butler and I ventured up north to this event on the train and a jolly good time was had.

Was sat quietly listening to this record, I knew all the words and was singing along with it badly. It reminded me just how brilliant it was.

But damn I couldn't name the tune no matter how hard I tried - I even wrote what I thought was the title down on a piece of paper to remind me.

Gone are the days when I could name a tune - especially if I had it in my collection - within the first 30 seconds, even earlier on a good day.

Now I have to cheat and wait for a clue in the chorus.**

Released in July of 1969 the flipside 'Take me to paradise' is a neat little dancer as well.

Derek

** or wait for playlists to be posted.....

Thanks for the thumbs up, which has given me the nudge regarding what was spun in my set.

Afternoon set

Rosetta Johnson                                 'How could you loose something you never had'                 Clintone

Jaison                                                  'I know what love is'                                                               Conbrio

Samuella Williams                               ' I'm tired of stealing your love'                                              Tops

Joe Walker                                           ' We need each other'                                                            Sing song

Sweet James epps                               ' Love at first sight'                                                                 Motorpool

Chuck Armstrong                                 ' A better place'                                                                     Black Rock

Teques                                                  'Don't push my love cup'                                                       Gary

Symphonies                                         ' Thats what love will do'                                                        Carnival

Devastations                                         'What makes me feel this way'                                              Gimp

Flame & King                                        'Strange love'                                                                         Raines

Family Circle                                          ' loving you makes the world go round'                               Sky disc

Hard Tymes                                            ' I ask a question'                                                                  Ruby

Jimmy Jones                                           ' love don't lie'                                                                       Jimilynn 

Evening set

Hollywood Syndrome                            'Just you and me'                                                                 Arista

100% Pure poison                                  'Don't let your pride'                                                            DRL 

Darnell Pittman                                       'You hurt me'                                                                       Dean

Junction                                                   'Let's try it again'                                                                 Fos-glo

Magic Tower                                            'Dreaming'                                                                           Magic Tower

Fat Larry's Band                                        'How good is love'                                                              WMOT

Spectrum                                                  'Loved by you'                                                                     Stretching out

Sky's the limit                                            'Look at me now'                                                                Artco

Chandlers                                                   'I loved you girl'                                                                 Blue Rose

Mike Davis & The Twighliters                   'My love'                                                                              Cheeco

Charles Swain & David Tolbert                  'Many times I cried'                                                             Pamoja

Annette Piondexter                                    'Waywood dream'                                                               Twinight

Arthur Foy                                                  'Love dreams'                                                                      MCS

Glenn Gray & Cecily Wallss                        'I do believe in love                                                             SG

Willie Dishmon                                           'I'm walking out on you'                                                      Jamilla

Nate Branch                                                'Midnight dream'                                                                La Fay 

Thanks to Kev Cane for putting this gig together and all the DJ'S for doing exactly what it says on the tin.

Andy 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

17 hours ago, still diggin said:

Thanks for the thumbs up, which has given me the nudge regarding what was spun in my set.

Chuck Armstrong  ' A better place'  Black Rock

Annette Piondexter   'Waywood dream'  Twinight                         

Hey up Andy - there's awesome and way way beyond awesome is that bracket where these two live.

But you know that already (smile).

Dx

Social source share

On 02/10/2017 at 22:06, still diggin said:

Afternoon set

Rosetta Johnson                                 'How could you loose something you never had'                 Clintone

Jaison                                                  'I know what love is'                                                               Conbrio

Samuella Williams                               ' I'm tired of stealing your love'                                              Tops

Joe Walker                                           ' We need each other'                                                            Sing song

Sweet James epps                               ' Love at first sight'                                                                 Motorpool

Chuck Armstrong                                 ' A better place'                                                                     Black Rock

Teques                                                  'Don't push my love cup'                                                       Gary

Symphonies                      &nbs

Social source share

On ‎04‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 12:47, kev cane said:
On ‎02‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 23:06, still diggin said:

Afternoon set

Symphonies                      &nbs

Just an awesome set, and I don't say that lightly Andy, nearly all my long time wants are in there and if not in there they are in Chris Huggins sets, massive thanks to both Andy and Chris for their continued contribution to what what we are trying to achieve at Sweet, Deep and Soulful, probably the best two Sweet and Group collections in the country

Kev

Social source share

All original 45s not in order of play

Reflection- Understanding(Polydor)

The Techniques iv-How can you win(Twink)

New World-A friend who is not a friend(Virtue)

LS Movement -Searching(NMI)

The Opells-You know i love you(Linco)

Kurtis Scott and Unity-Black Child(Apache)

James Kelly Duhon-Drifter(Jude)

The Differences-That was the day(Mon'ca)

Final Chapter-Now i know(New world)

Love Heaven Sent-Bless you with my love(Unity strength)

El Count Executives-Pot of Gold(Gemini)

The Inclinations-Could this be love that i feel(Janus)(Took over 25 years to find this)

Jonahs Whale-Why(Valese)

The 7th House-I can't believe your mine(De Brossard)

The T&E Corp-Mystical Lover(T&E)

Soul Persuasion-Hey World(Lounge)

The Emanons-Stop trying to make afool out of me(Speidel)

The Mighty Generation-For all the beautiful things you do(BER)

Rainy Days-Anything i would do for you(Seville)

Soulistics-Cotton eye jo(Liberation)

The Delllations-Why you wanna hurt me(Cornel Mckay)

Water color-Lovers prayer(love)

The Showstopping Supersonics-What kind of girl is she(Detroit sound)

The Essence of life-Your an angel(Sir Ran Rap)

Mel Production Band-Tears from the rain(MPB)

Train Robbers-I cant see the numbers to dial(Boblo)

Profiles Band and Revue-Hurt by love(Columbia world).

Think that was it.Chris.

Copied and pasted playlist not seen seperate thread

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Just now, NCFC said:

All original 45s not in order of play

Reflection- Understanding(Polydor)

The Techniques iv-How can you win(Twink)

New World-A friend who is not a friend(Virtue)

LS Movement -Searching(NMI)

The Opells-You know i love you(Linco)

Kurtis Scott and Unity-Black Child(Apache)

James Kelly Duhon-Drifter(Jude)

The Differences-That was the day(Mon'ca)

Final Chapter-Now i know(New world)

Love Heaven Sent-Bless you with my love(Unity strength)

El Count Executives-Pot of Gold(Gemini)

The Inclinations-Could this be love that i feel(Janus)(Took over 25 years to find this)

Jonahs Whale-Why(Valese)

The 7th House-I can't believe your mine(De Brossard)

The T&E Corp-Mystical Lover(T&E)

Soul Persuasion-Hey World(Lounge)

The Emanons-Stop trying to make afool out of me(Speidel)

The Mighty Generation-For all the beautiful things you do(BER)

Rainy Days-Anything i would do for you(Seville)

Soulistics-Cotton eye jo(Liberation)

The Delllations-Why you wanna hurt me(Cornel Mckay)

Water color-Lovers prayer(love)

The Showstopping Supersonics-What kind of girl is she(Detroit sound)

The Essence of life-Your an angel(Sir Ran Rap)

Mel Production Band-Tears from the rain(MPB)

Train Robbers-I cant see the numbers to dial(Boblo)

Profiles Band and Revue-Hurt by love(Columbia world).

Think that was it.Chris.

Copied and pasted playlist not seen seperate thread

Thanks Chris, as I said in reply to Andy's plays, probably the best two Sweet and Group collections in the country if not Europe, massive thanks to you both for your immense contribution to what we are trying to achieve at Sweet, Deep and Soulful in Durham

Kev

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!