• Replies 6
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

does anybody know anything about this record

bachelor brad and the black ensemble  birds of a feather  kris

was on anglo this year descibed as awsome crossover £500.00.

mark

link

I remember, that a friend of mine bought 3 of them at gemm. He sold 2 copies to Andy Dyson, so probbaly he still has one. The other one was sold via ebay, he got something arround $150 for it.As I don't meet him too often now, I just saw it there and than he played it to me over the phone.Pretty nice record, but I was unable to pay the price, as I was out of money at that time :threaten: , although he would have taken it out for me.

Edited by soulie78
Social source share

Good soul vocal, x-over/ballad type tunes, but not really a very exciting record, a general soul collectors item I feel. I have seen it listed at £500 by a few UK dealers, BUT there has been at least 3 copies on ebay this autumn and all I saw went around $100 (i.e. around £55...), most to UK dealers who presumably intended to sell on. I also found it elsewhere (gone when I ordered it though of course) at around £6. Add the three copies on Gemm mentioned by Martin and there is more than enough to make me think twice about paying something like £500. Even if it was a one off I don't think it musically warrants a £500 price tag anyway, it is OK, but it is not "awesome crossover" by any strech of the imagination.

Social source share

Good soul vocal, x-over/ballad type tunes, but not really a very exciting record, a general soul collectors item I feel. I have seen it listed at £500 by a few UK dealers, BUT there has been at least 3 copies on ebay this autumn and all I saw went around $100 (i.e. around £55...), most to UK dealers who presumably intended to sell on. I also found it elsewhere (gone when I ordered it though of course) at around £6. Add the three copies on Gemm mentioned by Martin and there is more than enough to make me think twice about paying something like £500. Even if it was a one off I don't think it musically warrants a £500 price tag anyway, it is OK, but it is not "awesome crossover" by any strech of the imagination.

link

Yes Christian, you're right, probably nothing for the dancefloors, but a nice one to listen to at home. It can't be that rare with all those copies floating arround. So probably, when it get's more known a price arround 100 GBP should be the right one, but what do I know...

And yes, both sides are pretty good, I seem to remember.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!