soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 22
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest LeoLyxxx

Still a class record no matter how many copies have turned up, wouldn't sell mine for less than £500 !!!!!!!!.  pure class.

JM

link

agreed, i'm just waiting for the price to drop even more before i'll pick one up :lol: bet it's gonna be the other way around instead :unsure:

best

Leo

Social source share

£275 off another dealer and I sold mine for £145.

Price obviously still floating around.

link

Hi Matt :thumbsup:

Not sure I agree with that. The level at the moment (until this lot get swept up) is no more than £150-£200

Any more than that and someone is being a chancer. I've seen it listed at £300 and pissed myself. But fair play to the dealers, if someone's willing to pay it, then that's not their problem.

It won't be long, maybe a year or three, before prices aren't far away from where they were before.

Hopefully :lol:

Jamie

Social source share

Just as a quick spin off from this one, I've seen a number of other tracks recently on Prix, but the records are unfamiliar to me.  Does anyone know if there are any other good tracks on the label.

JM

link

The Joe King - Speak On Up isgreat IMO.

All come from same source who found all the remaining stock of Prix records. Once the Royal Esquires etc have gone the price will rise and folk will wishing they paid the prices that it's at now :lol::thumbsup::lol:

Social source share

I honestly think The Royal Esquires is a poor record. Am I the only one? Would this be played if it had turned up today en masse as an unknown without any scene history and without a previous high price tag? Messy rubbish with poor vocals, can't see why anyone would ever want it, but I often fail to understand these things it seems... Each to their own, etc...

Social source share

All come from same source who found all the remaining stock of Prix records.  Once the Royal Esquires etc  have gone the price will rise and folk will wishing they paid the prices that it's at now  :yes:   :lol:   wink.gif

link

Looks like "only 3" left Chalkster....SEE HERE.... be interesting to see if "come up" again.... time will tell :lol::lol:wink.gif:thumbsup: ....

Only £130 at today's exchange rate laugh.gif ....

Social source share

Looks like "only 3" left Chalkster....SEE HERE.... be interesting to see if "come up" again.... time will tell :lol:   :lol:   :lol:   :thumbsup: ....

Only £130 at today's exchange rate laugh.gif ....

link

It was only two available yesterday. :yes:

Social source share

I changed my mind, it's just one of the guys voices that I don't like, the others are OK. Still find the overall impression of messy and annoying to be the lasting one for me though, a bit like the Out Of Sights "For The Rest Of My Life", which is better IMO, but also a bit messy.

Social source share

I changed my mind, it's just one of the guys voices that I don't like, the others are OK. Still find the overall impression of messy and annoying to be the lasting one for me though, a bit like the Out Of Sights "For The Rest Of My Life", which is better IMO, but also a bit messy.

link

Half the records on the scene are messy. Because they are messy and far from the polished article probably only heightens the appeal of some records :thumbsup: Bunch of guys (or gals) going in the studio and singing their socks off :lol: If they were "perfect" would they have the same appeal?

Edited by chalky
Social source share

>Not sure I agree with that. The level at the moment (until this lot get swept up) is >no more than £150-£200

I wouldn't ever have paid more than £150 for it. Friends payed £80 and I thought I'd been had when I paid £145!

Worth considering rebuying cos I was played the flip after I sold it! Dammit. It's beautiful.

Social source share

I honestly think The Royal Esquires is a poor record. Am I the only one? Would this be played if it had turned up today en masse as an unknown without any scene history and without a previous high price tag? Messy rubbish with poor vocals, can't see why anyone would ever want it, but I often fail to understand these things it seems... Each to their own, etc...

link

===========

covered up years 1st at wigan by searling and by keb at stafford as the embers - playing the part of the fool

Social source share

>Not sure I agree with that. The level at the moment (until this lot get swept up) is >no more than £150-£200

I wouldn't ever have paid more than £150 for it. Friends payed £80 and I thought I'd been had when I paid £145!

Worth considering rebuying cos I was played the flip after I sold it! Dammit. It's beautiful.

link

Got to agree, 'Our Love Use To Be' .... (on the sunny side up)

Perfect tempo, and not in the least bit messy Christian :lol: .

Might give this baby a spin tomorrow.

Like Matt says, if you've got it, you must give it a play - it's pure quality.

Jamie :thumbsup:

Social source share

All come from same source who found all the remaining stock of Prix records.  Once the Royal Esquires etc  have gone the price will rise and folk will wishing they paid the prices that it's at now  :lol:   :thumbsup:   :lol:

link

Thanks for that chalky, if I spot one at reasonable price, might consider it. Who know's might start up a Prix collection.

Social source share

Half the records on the scene are messy.  Because they are messy and far from the polished article probably only heightens the appeal of some records  :thumbsup:    Bunch of guys (or gals) going in the studio and singing their socks off  :lol:    If they were "perfect"  would they have the same appeal?

link

There is a big difference between "messy good" (like Maurice Williams "Being Without You" or William Cummings) and "messy all over the place poorly made disjointed crap". It is possible that half the records on the scene are messy, but then again I personally feel that less than 25% of the records ever spun on the scene are worth bothering with for any reason, the rest is either mediocre or in many cases pure crap. I like pretty much only indie label stuff usually with sparse productions, and I usually do not like polished major label big productions, but many messy records are just plain bad, there is nothing charming about guys who can't sing or a poor tune IMO. I feel that without the help of amphetamines and extremely loud volume (literally everything sounds good when you're on speed and the volume is really loud) tons of records would never have been played, cause they are really bad, something that is obvious if you actually listen to them.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!