clashing

Guest stewartC

Guest stewartC

Why oh Why do promoters clash!!! is it not hard enough to put on a good gig and have people come and really enjoy themselves time after time without clashing with another in the area or as in this weekend in the same village of Skegness. Seems a shame to me

Social source share

Unless it's pure coincidence.... Its one-upmanship and petty.

Unlikely to change though since its always been this way. 

If it was only about money, they would surely work together,  like a Cartel, but it's more about out doing each other I suspect.

Lorraine Silver was great last night though! And I'm sure some super rare vinyl got spun ' down the road' 

Ed

Social source share

9 minutes ago, tomangoes said:

Unless it's pure coincidence.... Its one-upmanship and petty.

Unlikely to change though since its always been this way. 

If it was only about money, they would surely work together,  like a Cartel, but it's more about out doing each other I suspect.

Lorraine Silver was great last night though! And I'm sure some super rare vinyl got spun ' down the road' 

Ed

Seems like there's some petty oneupmanship at Butlins as the one down the road was there long before Winstanley rolled into town. 

It happens everywhere though, purely selfish on the part of  most and not a care for the bigger picture.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Too many Wannabe DJ's with hot boxes wanting to put on an event for their mates to spin at... Who is this Winstanley anyway? Really, promoters do not even need to meet up - just look at the calendar and find a free weekend. There is no central planning system to apply to (thankfully) so promoters need to be aware of what's happening where if they are to start up a successful event. Event clashes should be avoided when planning a new event.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Guest Spain pete

Lots of soul less doh  do's about , shame to say for some it's all about the money and not spreading the word  , not nice 🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶

Social source share

2 hours ago, WoodButcher said:

Guess the one good thing about this clash is that the majority of returnee , clown-outfit uniform wearing , picnic-packing crowd will be at Butlins leaving Mr Riastrick's weekender untainted by their presence ... :wicked:

You are probably right especially if on the application forms for the non Butlins event specifically preclude the classification of attendee type from going. 

If one or two slip, the net and get into the non Butlins event, they will obviously told not to come back.

Elitism rules ok! And Russ and Ian just get richer and richer because of it.

The days when promoters did it for love or principle or seeking respect are either long gone or never existed, unless it's at the local pub or for charity..

Ed

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!