The chaumants When you love someone

Mrmick

Hi i have seen 2 label designs for this(both on bay sound) one with the ship and one without . The one without has i need your love on the flip.. i have seen John Manship has one without the ship listed as a different label design.. i always thought this was a 70s reissue can anyone clarify this. Many thanks Mick..... 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest woolie mark
6 hours ago, Greedy Mick said:

Hi i have seen 2 label designs for this(both on bay sound) one with the ship and one without . The one without has i need your love on the flip.. i have seen John Manship has one without the ship listed as a different label design.. i always thought this was a 70s reissue can anyone clarify this. Many thanks Mick..... 

Someone posted on the youtube page below claiming to have played on the record.  It would be fun to message him and ask whether he ever got any royalties for the non-picture label copy?  

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

From Mr Dugger:

CD Baby has all Gumption Records available for purchase. The Bay Sound Story 1967-72 is also available at CD Baby. Al Townes is the last remaining original Bleu Light. Phil Townes, his brother, passed away in December of 2015. Lee Gordon, original lead singer passed in February of 2009. Larry Hart who was the first tenor in the original group, but did not re-join when the group re-formed in 1990, also has passed away in the first decade of the new century.

I was the original singer and producer with The Chaumonts. Dennis Fisher,organist, Martin Hebron, song writer-guitarist, Ron Glatzel, trombonist and Jackie Blake, alto-saxophonist are still kicking!! Not sure of others. Don Ryer, trumpeter, did live in Florida at last communication. Carl Filipiak, guitarist, is one of the outstanding guitarists of today.He started at age 19 with The Chaumonts in 1968.

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

Caravelle is obviously the same label, I would guess that Mr Dugger is very well aware of the quality of his recordings and has issued some of them more than once?  I remember having a copy of the non-picture label and there was no indication of it being a 70s bootleg whatsoever.

chaumonts 2.jpg

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!