Northern Soul UK

Paloma Faith

8 hours ago, Northern Soul UK said:

Paloma Faith - Cry Baby, What are your thoughts? I love it.

moved this to freebasing last nite as this is always gonna be the best place for msm related type talk

added vid below

Never understood the interest in Paloma faith - the main problem for me is that she goes away and then comes back with a completely different sound each time, clearly at the behest of her music industry masters ie I dont think she has any authenticity.  At least this time on Jonathan Ross she didn't seem coked out of her head as she usually is on talk shows

thecivilservice, that's what I like about her, her music is very eclectic, not like some artists when as soon as you hear a track you know it's them, i.e. Prince, although I adore Prince's music his style was very similar in most of his productions. Paloma's last album 'A perfect contradiction' also had a few Soul'esque titles, including the brilliant 'I can't depend on you'. I like to be surprised when I hear an artists new work, not just to hear the same style on every release. But that's just me.

Edited by Northern Soul UK

On 23.9.2017 at 23:33, Northern Soul UK said:

Paloma Faith - Cry Baby, What are your thoughts? I love it.

Played the youtube vid and it left me indifferent. Dull tune. It's the sort of music they play at my gym, alongside Rihanna, Lady Gaga, whatever.

Why does it appeal to you? (Honest question)

11 hours ago, Northern Soul UK said:

thecivilservice, that's what I like about her, her music is very eclectic, not like some artists when as soon as you hear a track you know it's them, i.e. Prince, although I adore Prince's music his style was very similar in most of his productions. Paloma's last album 'A perfect contradiction' also had a few Soul'esque titles, including the brilliant 'I can't depend on you'. I like to be surprised when I hear an artists new work, not just to hear the same style on every release. But that's just me.

Maybe I'm just too cynical for my own good. Her music is on the eclectic side that's for sure

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.