Pretenders 'Be Yourself' on Carnival

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Derek

Ace/Kent put a cd out on the label, would of thought release info is in the sleeve notes somewhere or can be narrowed down from the included information? Just a thought, hope your keeping well mate.

Who played it first........my there is a question for every record,....probably the quality control man at the pressing plant! Lol.

Dave H

Social source share

I remember it being a massive Poke play at Clifton Hall although I understand that was a "reactivation". It has been discussed on here before Derek but I can't remember. The Mecca? I'll try and find the thread later.

I finally managed to get a nice priced one on here last year. It's a super soul record and a stonker of a dance track! 

Pete

Edited by Peter99
Social source share

3 hours ago, Rich B said:

Always a 'Poke' record for me - Cliftonville hall and Cleethorpes - covered as the Quadrophonics at one point if I remember correctly.

Glad you got one Peter - what's a 'nice' price then?

Hello Richard

I hope all is well my friend. Are you still down the lane? 

A nice price is very subjective isn't it - and these days everything costs a fortune. I was happy to pay £150 for a nice minter of a long time want that reminds me so much of Rotherham. Trying to put together a very modest new collection after selling up previously is tough - having had a go for a couple of years I'm toying with the idea of .............selling up again. It's a funny old world! 

Sending you my best mate.

Pete

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...
On 30/09/2017 at 17:17, reforee said:

Derek

Ace/Kent put a cd out on the label, would of thought release info is in the sleeve notes somewhere 

Thanks to all that replied to this request.

Thanks for reminding me about the Kent CD's Dave H - finally put some time aside and went through my unsorted wall of CD's phew that took far longer than anticipated/expected.

Kent put out a series of 3 volumes on 'A Carnival Of Soul' - (Vol one) Wishes, (Vol two) Feelin Good and (Vol three) I Wanna Be.

And yes I think you all know what's coming hahaha - I've got vols 1 & 2 but not vol 3 which would date the Pretenders 'Just Be Yourself'.

At least I've narrowed the search down eh? I'm nearly there.

Dx

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!