crazylegs

Monarch airlines

Can anyone advise me how to try to claim back from Paypal?

I cant seem to get past the "contact the seller" page on the resolution centre. Obviously Monarch wont be responding to my email. I am trying to get a refund via the "chargeback" system 

Any advise gratefully received.

x

Thanks for that.

Ive contacted Monarch via paypal, but the paypal resolution page wont let me go any further than the "contact the seller", so I am unable to escalate the issue. When I go to the resolution centre it doesn't show that I have contacted the 'seller'......

I'm quite sure I'm the one at fault, as I have never used this facility before. 

Maybe I should change my name to "Confused of Menorca!"

x

Edited by crazylegs

did you pay by credit card via paypal

if so your cc company will refund this to you

as I have a holiday booked for next year with monarch flights

Edited by JimESX
additional info

Hi

Sadly no, at the time my paypal was linked to my current account! (its not anymore!!) I've asked for a "chargeback" from them.

Ill wait patiently in the queue, there are people having a much worse time than me.......................... Or should I say than Steve, he will be the one stuck in the UK.

Ooops

x

I spoke with my Credit Card provider on Monday, the girl I spoke to said they have tens of thousands of people to deal with, all with the same problem, so what would normally take 24 - 48 hrs could take up to 60 days to get sorted.

I would imagine Paypal could have a fair number of people to deal with, if the numbers of passengers they were banding about on the news is anywhere near accurate I would imagine that the credit providers have been swamped by the number of refund requests.

I am sure Steve will enjoy a winter in the UK ... did he pack any thermals :D

Sadly no, although he has more  'personal padding' these days! :wicked:

Just managed to get him a flight back with Vueling....

I noticed on the UK news the CAA said they would make sure they flew everyone "home to the UK", they didn't mention the many people who bought tickets who don't live in UK the who bought tickets in good faith....

Hey ho!

x

Edited by crazylegs

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.