those "sad" records you play late at night

Davebanks

1 hour ago, Mickey Finn said:

And I posted this elsewhere on here quite recently, but as "sad" Records go, this by Jimmie Delphs pretty much tops it for me - once again the combination of vocals, lyrics and arrangement, just beautiful:

Fabulous voice, great record.

Social source share

I dont think i have heard a sadder song than when i turned over Masters of Soul - Do you really love me to see what the flip was like...   I've only played it a few times and then usually have to take it off before the end, its too much...  but if you haven't heard it before do play it right thro' at least the once (there are lots of versions of this song of course but i dont think any come over like this one)..

Edited by bbrich
added a sentence
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Blimey....wasn't expecting that...quite a heavy sound...

3 hours ago, bbrich said:

I dont think i have heard a sadder song than when i turned over Masters of Soul - Do you really love me to see what the flip was like...   I've only played it a few times and then usually have to take it off before the end, its too much...  but if you haven't heard it before do play it right thro' at least the once (there are lots of versions of this song of course but i dont think any come over like this one)..

I quite like this version too,flip side to "tired of pushing"IMG_0352.thumb.JPG.13efb187c364c4ef2c3589b88ed2652b.JPG

Social source share

...I play it EVERY time I dj at party's.....and used to at my Soul Nights in the 90's........to myself.....whilst packing away with the lights on.....since I added it to my collection in '93!x I was prepared.....!x

@@
~
LUV

SOOTY 

X

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!