Love is the Message : Nicky Siano DVD and The Gallery club NY

I sometimes dip into Sky Arts channel and an episode this week on Rock and Roll history was devoted to Disco and Dance Music. The highlight for me was Earl Young  - drummer for Philly session players MFSB - provide a superbly simple deconstruction of how he helped develop the Harold Melvin Philly classic 'The Love I Lost'. There are also great memories  recounted by Nicky Siano,ground breaking early 1970's DJ at New Yorks The Gallery Club . Apparently he's released a 74 mins DVD with vintage footage of the club and reflections from Siano and others involved. I haven't seen a copy yet as its release  appears pending but Im hoping it will feature Larry Levan , Frankie Knuckles, David Mancuso, Lottetta Holloway and Grace Jones .There is talk of an  CD release to accompany it. 

Cool Notes. 

Love it the Messge .jpg

Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Cheers Mike.. Id picked up about the price hike .. and think Amazon were offering a DVD/CD package for about £55 . Perhaps Nicky is facing some IRS debts.!!  Id be keen to know what people who have seen it/heard the DVD/ CD think of it. I personally couldn't stand that Studio 54 elitist type club thing  which I think he got later  involved in , which seemed a long way from his roots in The Gallery. Can;t fault his passion and commitment  to Philly/early disco which was evident in the Sky doc. 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!