mike

Feel Good Friday - Get them up now!

4 hours ago, BabyBoyAndMyLass said:

An oldie from me for a change!

Seeing as we've been discussing the instrument, dropping this great slice of Bass guitar in here. As old and well known as the scene itself, first played at L'Ambassadeur way before my time, Mirwood monster I'd never get bored with, the great Robert Relf aka Bobby Garrett!

@Soulsides How's this for Bass led? Crank it up, loosen the putty in those window frames!

Bobby Garrett and Bob Relf were one and the same?

Everybody knew that.....except me until now!

Ed

Edited by tomangoes
Spello

Finally got round to blowing a couple of quid on a copy of this. Beautifully put together - it's dead poppy, but it's like wrapping yourself in a warm blanket and curling up on a frosty morning... Defo one to make you feel good and fabulous vocals.

Edited by DaveNPete

Morning Campers! Thought i would share another "End Of The Nite Finishers" i used to play At one of the Soul Doo's i used to run back in '76 and a track i had all but forgotten about, "Words" by the wonderful Donny Gerrard, N-Joy.....Rick

46 minutes ago, shufflin said:

had a crap week this 12" has been cheering me up no end

Sorry much as I like Mr Morales' work - this could never be as good as Tina Marie.

Dx

9 minutes ago, DaveNPete said:

Sorry much as I like Mr Morales' work - this could never be as good as Tina Marie.

Dx

No need to be sorry, I agree with you, I just like this new take on it too

15 hours ago, shufflin said:

Remember this one? so many happy memories

I dont, but I know it now. Bit of a Swing out Sister nut, love the group since the 8ts, think their music is so classy, its timeless...

On 09/11/2018 at 17:41, Steve S 60 said:

I asked my sister to get me Ben Pirani's album on CD for my birthday, but as she chose to use some dodgy seller on eBay, it hasn't arrived yet, despite her ordering it ten days ago.  In the meantime, I'll have to settle for this Youtube clip......

does anyone know if the 45 releases featured on the LP are the same mixes or remixed versions eg Light Of My lIfe etc, I have the 45's but like listening to LP's at home

Bruv Good choice, but this little gem is better, (in my opinion of course) and will get you off your funkin' butt and out from behind that desk, and if you create enough mayhem in the office, they just might tell you to funk off home early.

War - Galaxy 1977 Album version

Although this is what should be on you mind for tonight.

The Commodores - Sweet Love (Full Version) from the 1976 album Movin' On

I had actually forgotten about Sweet Love for many years until it was used on Channel 4's Balls of Steel (The F*ckers) around 10 or so years ago

Edited by MotownSoulMan
Added extra info

Happy St. Andrews Day To One And All *

Here we go with a right old stomper from 1968, dropped this at the Cleethorpes Pier when The French Fries was Massive,

Well the Looks on Faces was a treat with "F*****G 'Ell Rick", What's this, We Love it !! Memories 😁

Edited by RICK SCOTT
spelling correction

24 minutes ago, tomangoes said:

Feeling funky Friday ...

Not sure if I've ever been kissed here, but it sounds like fun:)

Ed

ooo errr Missussss, Homer Simpson would love this, only because it would give him an excuse to say POO POO LA LA and giggle like a Big Girl 🤣

10 hours ago, MotownSoulMan said:

Bruv Good choice, but this little gem is better, (in my opinion of course) and will get you off your funkin' butt and out from behind that desk, and if you create enough mayhem in the office, they just might tell you to funk off home early.

War - Galaxy 1977 Album version

Although this is what should be on you mind for tonight.

The Commodores - Sweet Love (Full Version) from the 1976 album Movin' On

I had actually forgotten about Sweet Love for many years until it was used on Channel 4's Balls of Steel (The F*ckers) around 10 or so years ago

Thank you MotownSoulMan, and nice choice from you there 😎  :hatsoff2:

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.