mike

Feel Good Friday - Get them up now!

Something a little bit older from me, which always takes me back to my very first evenings at youth clubs, and never fails to put a smile on my face. Probably the very finest voice ever, the late, great Mr. Sam Cooke.............

Gotta be one of those Friday wind down-chill out classics. Originally released on Philadelphia International Records in 1973, the Tom Moulton remix of MFSB, Ft The Three Degrees, Love Is The Message.

26 minutes ago, Joey said:

Something a little bit older from me, which always takes me back to my very first evenings at youth clubs, and never fails to put a smile on my face. Probably the very finest voice ever, the late, great Mr. Sam Cooke.............

Joey Cracking tune mate. Unmistakably Sam Cooke. 👍

Another from me (I’m home ill and have too much time on my hands) you don’t need to spend a fortune to get great records. 

Edited by philb

28 minutes ago, Chris Turnbull said:

That's a fantastic edit - shame doesn't look like commercially available, absolute stormer

There's only one dub plate copy in existence unfortunately,Chris.

Think some people we're trying to get Atlantic Records to release it as a 45 recently along with a Mr Fantastic edit of 'Zimba Ku' so hopefully it may see the light of day at some stage.

13 minutes ago, philb said:

Always cheers me up me up when I hear this. 

Me too, a real time capsule feeling to it - dated but lovely. Reminds me of starting to go to northern nights years ago, couldn't believe the kind of records people were dancing to i.e Bob & Fred, Reggie Alexander, Hy-Tones 'Name', etc, etc - mind blowing  

4 hours ago, Chris Turnbull said:

Back to funky Friday for me, rediscovered this one recently - Marc Sadane 'One minute from love'. Happy weekend all

had quite a few spins in the early 80's. Clifton Hall and Cleethorpes Winter Gardens

Pete

51 minutes ago, Chris Turnbull said:

Searling spin wasn't it? Nice on the 12", though I know you don't do 12's Pete 😁

Mm, I'm not sure that it was one of Dickies Chris. It was played as a new release - maybe Steve Mannion, Sean Hampsey - I really cant remember.

Yep, 12s are shite!

LOL

10 minutes ago, Peter99 said:

Mm, I'm not sure that it was one of Dickies Chris. It was played as a new release - maybe Steve Mannion, Sean Hampsey - I really cant remember.

Yep, 12s are shite!

LOL

I love 12's, massively superior sound quality 😎

13 hours ago, DaveNPete said:

According to Hank D it's actually music from an advert for a furniture shop. Dx

Never seen or had a copy, so take it this was never released commercially, a bit like "Scotts on Swingers" Edwin Starr for "Scott Regan Radio Show" but strange how many of those there are if that was the Case. Rick.

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.