mike

Feel Good Friday - Get them up now!

19 hours ago, RICK SCOTT said:

Some thing a bit left field from me today caps, still love and play it to this day, go on have a dance you know you want to, Peace 😉

Great record - we heard it first when it first came out in a café in Morocco (the youngsters are really into stuff like this over there - you hear a lot of 'wow what's this?' tunes wondering around the streets) and chased down what it was so we could order it.
Dx

Edited by DaveNPete

Seeing as it's the 78th birthday of Brian Holland today, I thought this was rather appropriate. The flip side of, This Old Heart Of Mine (Is Weak For You), written by the greatest songwriting partnership of all time, Holland - Dozier - Holland, aided by James Dean, and maybe my favourite tune ever.

The Isley Brothers - There's No Love Left. 1966. Tamla T54128

Edited by MotownSoulMan
Added info

5 hours ago, Bruv said:

Wonderful 1970's Philly Soul from The O'jays  - Darlin Darlin Baby  😎 😎 😎 Wishing all you good People on Soul Source a Great Weekend... :hatsoff2:

Great tune Bruv. You wouldn't even need to see the record label, or know who The O'Jays are, to know that's the classic Philly sound. Absolutely reeks of Gamble/Huff 👍

Edited by MotownSoulMan
Removed video link as advised to save on loading time.

9 hours ago, MotownSoulMan said:

Seeing as it's the 78th birthday of Brian Holland today, I thought this was rather appropriate. The flip side of, This Old Heart Of Mine (Is Weak For You), written by the greatest songwriting partnership of all time, Holland - Dozier - Holland, aided by James Dean, and maybe my favourite tune ever.

The Isley Brothers - There's No Love Left. 1966. Tamla T54128

Well here is one he wrote and performed on!

Ed

12 minutes ago, DaveNPete said:

A monster main room spin from the days of Morecambe Pier. I still play it regularly - always cheers me up.

Ooh, I’d forgotten about this, nice one Dave. 

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.