Jump to content
  • Sign Up
Mike

Feel Good Friday - Get them up now!

Mike

A new year and a new audio topic gets going.

Get to here to hear/talk...

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/forums/topic/403999-soul-plays-spins-favs-2020/

 

Message added by Mike

1 hour ago, Soulsides said:

 

 'Ice Cold Daydream' by Shuggie Otis seemed rather appropriate I thought due to the weather today !

Where's the smiley snowman emoji when you need one  though ?...

 

 

Wicked vid!

 

 

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

Happy New Year chaps 'n chapettes.................

 

  • Up vote 2

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

Ya Dancer!

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

Huge Soul Sam spin from a couple of years ago - still sounds the business for me

 

  • Up vote 2

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
43 minutes ago, Chris Turnbull said:

Huge Soul Sam spin from a couple of years ago - still sounds the business for me

 

Yep I spin that at home. As a non going outer I didn't know it was a Sam spin. Nice record.

 

P

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

Have a bit of this.............................

 

  • Up vote 3

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

This does it or me. Joyous singalong clap yer hands Friday feeling kind of tune :yes:

 

  • Up vote 2

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
24 minutes ago, Peter99 said:

Have a bit of this.............................

 

Really nice tune that, Pete.

Great sounding production on there too ! 

:hatsoff2:

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
On 12/01/2018 at 11:29, Peter99 said:

Have a bit of this.............................

 

Love this - was a bit non-plussed when I first heard it but think it's absolutely top class now - one of the best new releases in recent years for me

Also I play the drums at home quite a bit and love playing along to this :rofl:

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
On 12/01/2018 at 11:28, Peter99 said:

Yep I spin that at home. As a non going outer I didn't know it was a Sam spin. Nice record.

Cleethorpes modern room magic :thumbup:

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
1 minute ago, Chris Turnbull said:

Love this - was a bit non-plussed when I first heard it but think it's absolutely top class now - one of the best new releases in recent years for me

Also I play the drums at home quite a bit and love playing along to this :rofl:

Hi Chris

I agree. One of the best releases for ages I reckon. The vid is good too.

Peterer

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 10:44, Chris Turnbull said:

Huge Soul Sam spin from a couple of years ago - still sounds the business for me

 

Great post Chris  :yes::hatsoff2: I hadn't heard this up until about a year ago when a dj friend started playing it out, I played it out over the weekend squeezing it in with Montel Jordan's - This is how we do it, during a friend's lady's 50th Birthday party. :thumbup:  

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
1 hour ago, Bruv said:

Great post Chris  :yes::hatsoff2: I hadn't heard this up until about a year ago when a dj friend started playing it out, I played it out over the weekend squeezing it in with Montel Jordan's - This is how we do it, during a friend's lady's 50th Birthday party. :thumbup:  

Cheers Bruv - funny looking back in fact it must be more like 6-7 years since Sam was playing it as a new release - time flies :rofl:

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

 

Remember playing this sound many times before going out on the town on a Friday Night and as per usual just ended up drinking watered down Lager :wicked::(                                                Fat Larrys Band - Looking For Love  :thumbsup:  :hatsoff2: 

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
3 minutes ago, Bruv said:

Remember playing this sound many times before going out on the town on a Friday Night and as per usual just ended up drinking watered down Lager :wicked::(                                                Fat Larrys Band - Looking For Love  :thumbsup:  :hatsoff2:

Great stuff, love it :thumbup:

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

Just ignore the Vid (at least it's dark)

 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

Nice bit of upbeat modern from me for a Friday morning - The Escorts 'Sing a happy song'

 

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
1 hour ago, Mickey Finn said:

 

That is really nice - quick check on discogs suggests it's a hard one to pick up?

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
2 hours ago, Chris Turnbull said:

Nice bit of upbeat modern from me for a Friday morning - The Escorts 'Sing a happy song'

 

Behave Bruv! I posted that up a few weeks ago. :wicked:

Pete

:thumbup:

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

A nice bit of mid tempo from the Prince.

 

 

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
5 minutes ago, Peter99 said:

Behave Bruv! I posted that up a few weeks ago. :wicked:

Pete

:thumbup:

Sorry that was me :D Worth hearing again though!

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
2 minutes ago, Chris Turnbull said:

Sorry that was me :D Worth hearing again though!

Poor old Bruv! He was innocent Chris!

 

:elvis:

  • Up vote 4

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
2 hours ago, Chris Turnbull said:

That is really nice - quick check on discogs suggests it's a hard one to pick up?

You can find it on one of the Numero Eccentric Soul comps:

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Eccentric-Soul-The-Tragar-Note-Labels/release/1785706

A copy went on Ebay recently for over $300 so for OVO, definitely a tough thing, as Steve Jeffries would say. Their name was  usually the Young Divines, but for some reason was also spelt with the e, making it a hazard of any internet search that you run into something like this:

db53c21ba2f94689984acbb95b2daa36.jpg

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
5 hours ago, Mickey Finn said:

You can find it on one of the Numero Eccentric Soul comps:

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Eccentric-Soul-The-Tragar-Note-Labels/release/1785706

A copy went on Ebay recently for over $300 so for OVO, definitely a tough thing, as Steve Jeffries would say. Their name was  usually the Young Divines, but for some reason was also spelt with the e, making it a hazard of any internet search that you run into something like this:

db53c21ba2f94689984acbb95b2daa36.jpg

Didn't read this properly at first and been totally baffled all afternoon thinking it actually was this guy :rofl: :D

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

:lol:

That's definitely a mistake you don't want to make!!! Otherwise it really will be cryin' time with ol' Steak 'n' Kidney :excl:

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
38 minutes ago, Mickey Finn said:

:lol:

That's definitely a mistake you don't want to make!!! Otherwise it really will be cryin' time with ol' Steak 'n' Kidney :excl:

A bit off topic - apologies. My what I wouldn't do for a proper steak and kidney pie with puff pastry. My primary school dinners were fantastic - the best pie ever. Halcyon days.

:(

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
On 1/5/2018 at 20:57, David Meikle said:

Ya Dancer!

Is that Back Drop Billy? :wicked:

:thumbup:

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

Got to be this old Wheel sound. First heard it in 71, and still, every time I hear it, "I'm grinnin' from ear to ear".

 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
3 hours ago, Joey said:

Got to be this old Wheel sound. First heard it in 71, and still, every time I hear it, "I'm grinnin' from ear to ear".

 

Great record, poor chimps. 🙁

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

 

Edited by woolie mark
  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

Everything is Friday Tuesday - Chairman of the Board :thumbup:

 

 

Edited by Peter99
  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

Could have used another verse, it's so short - The Lost Family:

 

  • Up vote 3

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

 

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

More Tower always puts a smile on my face

Cheers Paul

  • Up vote 2

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

 

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
Guest Shufflin

love this one

 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

 

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

Oliver Sain:

 

  • Listening 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

Anything from Philly does it for me.

  • Up vote 3

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

The weekends here, time to hang up those workday hang ups :thumbsup:

Cheers Paul

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

 

 Bring on the weekend  :thumbsup:  :hatsoff2:

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  1. Michelle Wylie-feel Good/i Feel So At Home At Here
    Record Sales by phillybuster on Sun 28 Dec 2014
    • 2 / 723
    • phillybuster on 28 Dec 2014
  2. Jb Lenoir I Feel So Good / I Sing Um The Way I Feel: Sue Or Usa
    Record Wants by Godzilla on Sat 06 Aug 2011
    • 1 / 322
    • Godzilla on 06 Aug 2011
  3. I Feel Good (feeling Good) - Wes Black
    Record Wants by Jahbuzzz on Sat 10 Jul 2010
    • 1 / 337
    • Jahbuzzz on 10 Jul 2010
  4. Wes Black-i Feel Good(feeling Good) Star West
    Record Sales by on Tue 29 Jul 2008
    • 9 / 953
    • Tommy on 30 Jul 2008
  5. Naomi Wilson "do You Feel What I Feel"
    Record Sales by franz on Thu 08 Feb 2007
    • 3 / 1190
    • Edwin S Wales on 08 Feb 2007
  6. Creation - How Does It Feel To Feel (us Decca)
    Record Wants by Johnny Heist on Sun 11 Sep 2011
    • 1 / 271
    • Johnny Heist on 11 Sep 2011

Source Adverts



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.