Modern soul records that seem too cheap

Guest woolie mark

Guest woolie mark

Another one, "Don't mess with my man" by Lucy Pearl.  12" for about three quid.  Have to say though, Dawn Robinson never sang it as good as Erika Jerry.  Raphael should re-record it with Erika cos she is always outstanding when they do this live, as here:

Edited by woolie mark
Social source share

Guest woolie mark
8 hours ago, Mark R said:

Yeah, don't knock it.......I looked up the Kindred 12" situation a while back and I too was amazed!

I always like to think........"nobody knows they want them yet!"

Cheers,

Mark R

"nobody knows they want them yet!" would be a great title for a new modern soul thread Mark

Social source share

9 hours ago, woolie mark said:

"nobody knows they want them yet!" would be a great title for a new modern soul thread Mark

Yes, that's a thread that could run and run!  LOL  Only thing is it would be steered away towards rare 7's by the very nature of this site, when what I think the reason for this post was Modern in the sense of relatively new releases, or contemporary sounding material let's say.......

But you're right, not a bad strapline is it?  File alongside my "Not For Peasants" night I promise myself every time I'm on a downer about musical content at an event, this is the name of the event I dream of putting on when I win the lottery and can afford to run a free night for like-minded souls no matter what the numbers through the doors! LOL  (all a bit tongue in cheek but there is a serious point behind it!)

Cheers,

Mark R

• Up vote 2
Social source share

On 06/10/2017 at 23:36, woolie mark said:

Sometimes I see something on discogs and can't believe how cheap they can be bought for.  Saw this tonight (clip is from the King Britt remix edited version) and can't believe £1.50 from a UK seller here: https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/41643?ev=rb

At first glance I thought it was dedriee Barlow, but then I clocked the neck. 

Social source share

One I have been pushing for a good while & my bro also got on the case after I gave him a copy of it some years ago (he used to play it to good reaction @ the Prestatyn Weekenders) .....       . . .  OLA ONABULE  on Rugged Ram from 1995 --  TRUST IS ALL

but not the issue version ... one of the alt mixes on the promo white demo ... https://www.discogs.com/Ola-Trust-Is-All/release/5622916

The 'propa MS style' mix (my tag not the official un) off the promo 12"  ....

Edited by Roburt
Social source share

6 minutes ago, smudger said:

That IS the Ola ram mix i put up on the tube cause it weren't up previous

Never noticed that .... my bad .... since when have you been posting stuff on YT ... why'd you use a piccy of the issue on the vid ??

Edited by Roburt
Social source share

9 hours ago, smudger said:

Someone asked me to put it up can't remember who

piccy cause promo is white with nothing on it not too stunning to look at

But I put a real good label on the copy I gave you (being an ace graphic designer it was easy) ... (I'm also so modest too).

Social source share

Don't know about the price it goes for on 7" (as it only escaped in Sweden) but this is a gentle laid back soulful dancer ... dates from 1993

... you have to get over it being sung in a foreign language though ....

BTW, ANYONE KNOW what her version/s of Curtis's "Give Me Your Love" (also a Swedish release in 1990) is like ??

Kayo12.jpg

Edited by Roburt
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!