Local car boot find

Baz1

Not me but a bloke close many years ago brought (as he was told by the seller) an item of jewellery said to be a Victorian replica of some I think Celtic design. He had a gut feeling about it and paid £80  that's quite a lot of money to hand over at a car boot sale. Had it checked over and well you've guessed it, any way it made a very large sum of money at auction. Fair play to him

Social source share

All that matters to me is that that pic wasn't off discog lol. What do you need a picture of me my 2 sons all holding copies of today's papers while  i hold my record whilst being independently adjuticaded by Mr Manship and a plethora of solicitors? ..just wondering?  

Edited by Greedy Mick
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

1 hour ago, Greedy Mick said:

All that matters to me is that that pic wasn't off discog lol. What do you need a picture of me my 2 sons all holding copies of today's papers while  i hold my record whilst being independently adjuticaded by Mr Manship and a plethora of solicitors? ..just wondering?  

see you on sat buddy at the allnighter playing downstairs this time in our secound room while you lad is with me in the main room .

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

Posted this before but hey ho, not a car boot but found a copy of Herby Brown One more broken heart Blue Ash for 10/20p 1980/81 in a record shop in Chapel Street market  London, looked interesting got it home played it & stuck it in a box for about 30 years. Saw it in a Manship price guide @ 2k :) played it out a couple of times & no one made one comment about it. Bet if I'd played it 10 years later once it was a "big" sound some of those same people would be flocking around :D by then it had gone for a nice little profit. Agreed price of £1600 (Someone abroad) & they cleaned their local bank of Sterling so took  £1590 :thumbsup: 

Edited by SHSDave
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Best find in terms of percentage return on investment was back in the late 70's at the local flea market.

Wilbur Walton Jr - 24 hours was covered up and then whilst at Wigan one night it was uncovered. I realised I had seen it a few days before and went back to the market the following week. Paid the princely sum of 5p for it and sold it two days later to a local DJ for £35, which in the late 70's was a good amount of cash.

Crap record though, otherwise I would have kept it :thumbsup:

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Just about to leave a charity shop last week after wading through for the second time last weekend a raft of Jim Reeves and James Last albums the woman behind the counter placed a bag in front of me saying "noticed you looking through the records have a look at these they've just come in", I reached in with the first lot out being some 78's, hoping someone on here might be of help as the first one was Sam Cooke Only Sixteen in  as someone quotes " it's birth sleeve". I've asked a few people and looked on the net without luck ,don't know if it's collectable or worth sod all, anyone any idea? Rest of the bag was.........yes more flippin Jim Reeves and James Last.

Social source share

4 hours ago, Twoshoes said:

Just about to leave a charity shop last week after wading through for the second time last weekend a raft of Jim Reeves and James Last albums the woman behind the counter placed a bag in front of me saying "noticed you looking through the records have a look at these they've just come in", I reached in with the first lot out being some 78's, hoping someone on here might be of help as the first one was Sam Cooke Only Sixteen in  as someone quotes " it's birth sleeve". I've asked a few people and looked on the net without luck ,don't know if it's collectable or worth sod all, anyone any idea? Rest of the bag was.........yes more flippin Jim Reeves and James Last.

It will be worth something bill, depending on condition obviously and label. It was released on keen, hmv and reo as far as I can make out. Either put on ebay or discogs

• Up vote 1
Social source share

7 hours ago, stretfordender said:

It will be worth something bill, depending on condition obviously and label. It was released on keen, hmv and reo as far as I can make out. Either put on ebay or discogs

Found it on Popsike Vance, not a site I've looked at before, sixty quid in 2011 so must be a small profit there somewhere. 

Social source share

On 10/11/2017 at 20:57, Derek Pearson said:

(3) Dynamic Superiours “I’m A Looser” (Chapel 1008) Rolled up to a local car boot 5 miles from my house at about 8.30am ish. Only one person had any records for sale. Whilst wading through a yard long box of assorted car boot standards (James Last/ Henry Mancini/Bert Kampfart etc etc) out of the corner of my eye I thought I spotted a 7" record with a pink label sandwiched between some lousy compilation albums. Wow what a superb black gospel harmony group with no mention of the G or J word anywhere. Colbert Productions, Chicago Il 60620 gets printed on the label rim. They operated several labels such as Nike, Mellow (Azie Danfair; A.C. Reed) and Tip Top (Daylighters; Jimmy Burns) throughout the sixties across Chicago. 

Found without a sleeve, label’s water damaged and the vinyl’s thrashed but it plays through no problem.

Yet another 25p Fair Deal Pearson purchase. I smiled and said thank you as I turned and walked away. Dx

Definately on that pew marked Deep Soul. Oh Lord take me home. Dx

Edited by Derek Pearson
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

IMG_0496.thumb.JPG.dbd52e8feb09c7f7b2ea449f12f18b54.JPGHi all...found these two at a car boot sale,on the same day,just outside Newbury,about 15 years ago....hadn't found much before that or after(Northern-wise)..but I did find the first 17 single releases by The Jam,complete with sleeves and in near perfect condition...:)...IMG_0489.thumb.JPG.ddb79dcbe4d143a0394be9a096d02c70.JPG

Edited by MGM 1251
  • Up vote 3
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!