Peter99

Very nice too

Posted (edited)

Just had three slices of brown toast with Lurpack and Greek honey, and a nice strong brew courtesy of Yorkshire Tea, also known as Taylor’s of Harrogate. 

Very nice indeed. 

:elvis:

Edited by Peter99
Typo!

Large doner kebab  with chilli sauce for me . very very nice .👌🍴

46 minutes ago, Peter99 said:

Just had three slices of brown toast with Lurpack and Greek honey, and a nice strong brew courtesy of Yorkshire Tea, also known as Taylor’s of Harrogate. 

Very nice indeed. 

9 hours ago, Spain pete said:

Back in the mid 80s  when the first doner kebab shop hit my locality I got to know the owner. Whenever I'd ask for a kebab he'd always say"Why don't you have some fish?".  I got the message after a short while.   :g::wink:

10 hours ago, Peter99 said:

Very nice indeed. 

Lurpak. You heathen . :g:What,s up with New Zealand best butter. you cant have toast without proper butter. :yes:

Trust your well my friend :hatsoff2:

Steve

7 minutes ago, Kegsy said:

Have I stumbled into some kind of Facebook parallel universe, you lot will be posting photos of food next.  

Soul food 🎶🍴

10 hours ago, Spain pete said:

I need a large doner!

kebab.jpg.b8f5a2426d6e97018d80eb4eb6445281.jpg

45 minutes ago, Kegsy said:

Have I stumbled into some kind of Facebook parallel universe, you lot will be posting photos of food next.  

steady on kegs..................

u might have to eat your words !!

11 minutes ago, Kegsy said:

I can remember the days when the only thing I ate for 3 days was the inside of my cheek. Bloody chewing gum !.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........................

good owd days:rofl:

14 minutes ago, Kegsy said:

I can remember the days when the only thing I ate for 3 days was the inside of my cheek. Bloody chewing gum !.

Them were days Kegsy old lad. If anyone had come within six feet of me with a kebab - or any other foodstuff for that matter I'd have smacked them! 

:hypo::sweatingbullets::hypo:

Edited by Peter99

On ‎09‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 23:24, Peter99 said:

Very nice indeed. 

Could I ask what brand, type etc of honey you are currently using, I'm always looking to try new flavours, brands etc, I'm currently eating a very nice French one courtesy of M&S.

1 hour ago, Twoshoes said:

Could I ask what brand, type etc of honey you are currently using, I'm always looking to try new flavours, brands etc, I'm currently eating a very nice French one courtesy of M&S.

Here you go mate. Bought on line.

https://www.therawhoneyshop.com/products/raw-greek-pine-330g-in-jute-bag-beech-honey-dipper?gclid=CjwKCAjwpfzOBRA5EiwAU0ccN92t79GQ3BG1Ojxrna5N8AGkwvtTrXTDD_qcs4igRPDB5A8zjLQ1cxoC1-4QAvD_BwE&variant=40990636425

12 minutes ago, TattooDave said:

I've just had tofu in hot chilli sauce and boiled rice, washed down with a bottle of Siglo red wine, followed by Chinese Jasmine tea and Anise.

Sounds very nice Dave.

:thumbsup:

Pete 

1 hour ago, Peter99 said:

Sounds very nice Dave.

:thumbsup:

Pete 

It helps you sleep when you're trying to get through the nastiness of a cough.  I'm known as "Tofu Man" at my local Chinese, strangely I've never been Kurdish!

1 hour ago, TattooDave said:

It helps you sleep when you're trying to get through the nastiness of a cough.  I'm known as "Tofu Man" at my local Chinese, strangely I've never been Kurdish!

Ha!

That reminded me of Oatmeal Man by Gil Scott Heron. 

Ive never been able to master the art of  cooking with tofu. Someone at work regularly cooks crispy tofu with aubergine in chilli sauce. 

I find that Absolute Vodka helps me sleep. But, alas, it does not help me wake up! 

1 hour ago, Peter99 said:

Ha!

That reminded me of Oatmeal Man by Gil Scott Heron. 

Ive never been able to master the art of  cooking with tofu. Someone at work regularly cooks crispy tofu with aubergine in chilli sauce. 

I find that Absolute Vodka helps me sleep. But, alas, it does not help me wake up! 

you should try the tofu from Aldi, perfectly pressed and easy to cook.  Absolute Vodka is an essential part of my diet, sadly it doesn't beat my tinnitus anymore in the sleep stakes.

Do people really digest  this stuff before going to bed? And wonder why they can't sleep perhaps? :g:  The state your digestive systems must be in. It doesn't bare thinking about. :)

On 12/10/2017 at 16:32, Peter99 said:

How did you find this Pete? Looks amazing but not sure I can justify the cost when Asda's own is £2 :g:Might have to put it on my Christmas list

On 12/10/2017 at 17:45, Steve S 60 said:

That reminds me, I'lĺ have to knock some rum butter up now the dark nights are drawing in.

Why?

14 minutes ago, Steve S 60 said:

Because I can, and it's traditional in my part of the country.

Ok. I just couldn't see the connection between darkness and brandy butter? Didn't realise it was an ancient custom. Something to do with the autumn solstice?

Rum butter, not brandy butter, and ancient custom and autumn solstice would suggest it was popular with the druids.  It harks back to the late 1700s when rum was transported from the West Indies to Whitehaven on the West coast of Cumberland.  Cumberland rum butter has been made locally ever since, but is particularly popular during the colder months, probably because of its high sugar content.

3 hours ago, Steve S 60 said:

Rum butter, not brandy butter, and ancient custom and autumn solstice would suggest it was popular with the druids.  It harks back to the late 1700s when rum was transported from the West Indies to Whitehaven on the West coast of Cumberland.  Cumberland rum butter has been made locally ever since, but is particularly popular during the colder months, probably because of its high sugar content.

I've just googled - it's a Christmas thing by the looks of it. There must be some calories in a jar of  that from looking at the the recipe :ohmy:. I'd suggest using very sparingly.

On 10/15/2017 at 22:23, Chris Turnbull said:

How did you find this Pete? Looks amazing but not sure I can justify the cost when Asda's own is £2 :g:Might have to put it on my Christmas list

Someone at work keeps bees Chris. When they sell out they point me here. There is a difference between good honey and processed sweet stuff - even from a taste point of view. 

Pete

2 hours ago, Peter99 said:

Someone at work keeps bees Chris. When they sell out they point me here. There is a difference between good honey and processed sweet stuff - even from a taste point of view. 

Pete

Going to have to try some I think :thumbup:

4 hours ago, Peter99 said:

Pete

Sorry but i'm up on the soapbox again. You say "processed  sweet stuff" as if there's as second rate or inferior type. Honey is supposed to be sweet and all honey is processed. There's no such thing as bad or inferior  honey sold in the UK. That's a fact. The cheap £1.00 jar from sainburys isn't bad honey. It's honey. I buy it sometimes and it's fine. The more expensive brands may have a different or (to you) better taste - that's a  a matter of personal taste. But at the end of the day honey is honey. 

if you want the dietery/health benefits from honey then the £1.00 budget jar will give you that. Certainly the £2 to £3.00 standard jar. Anything over that and you're paying for something extra that has a taste factor.

This faq from the website of a honey producer in France answers a lot of questions relating to Honey, I found it very interesting, I guess you could find the answers anywhere on the net , I bought their product from Marks and Spencers, hope the link works, if it doesn't the site is  www.michaudbeekeepers.com 

http://www.famillemichaud.com/en/honey-and-you/faq/

1 hour ago, TattooDave said:

Sadly I don't think anyone locally stocks this yet, but I'm going to ask my local health food lady just in case, https://www.beefreehonee.com/

Got to love those veggie food producers that  make their product look, sound and (with varying degrees of success)  taste like  the product they're supposedly ethicially opposed to :). Vegetarian meatballs anyone? Why not just buy Maple syrup? 

44 minutes ago, maslar said:

Got to love those veggie food producers that  make their product look, sound and (with varying degrees of success)  taste like  the product they're supposedly ethicially opposed to :). Vegetarian meatballs anyone? Why not just buy Maple syrup? 

I do buy Maple syrup, but it doesn't taste like honey.  I've been vegan for 41 years, so the meatballs fad was a bit 90's for me when TVP was looking better than it does now in the US.  The products that are being ethically produced are made in an attempt to get those people that are addicted to a diet of animal products to try something a little different that might just not cause pain and suffering to creatures that don't have a voice of their own.  It's not compulsory.

15 hours ago, maslar said:

Honey is supposed to be sweet and all honey is processed. There's no such thing as bad or inferior  honey sold in the UK.

I'm not sure about this, there's plenty of fake honey, mostly from China : http://www.foodrenegade.com/your-honey-isnt-honey/

I think the best way to get good honey is to buy it from a small local producer.

I was astonished to read that one bee only produces one twelfth of a teaspoon of honey in it's whole life cycle.

Quoted quite often so I assume it is true? 

PS I put some dahlias in my garden a couple of years ago. The bees seem to love them.

Edited by MBarrett

2 hours ago, Philippe said:

I'm not sure about this, there's plenty of fake honey, mostly from China : http://www.foodrenegade.com/your-honey-isnt-honey/

I think the best way to get good honey is to buy it from a small local producer.

There no  such thing as good or bad honey in the UK. Honey is  honey. The expensive honey isn''t more costly necesarily because it's "better". Just harder to produce what it states on the label. Bees will be bees.

Edited by maslar

2 hours ago, MBarrett said:

I was astonished to read that one bee only produces one twelfth of a teaspoon of honey in it's whole life cycle.

Quoted quite often so I assume it is true? 

PS I put some dahlias in my garden a couple of years ago. The bees seem to love them.

Probably just enough to cover a bowl full of Sugar Puffs.  Other honey coated wheat breakfast cereals are available.

Join or log in now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links