John Hart

No Religion ,Or Politics please.

The Keeping A Faith posting, overstepped the mark relating to the sites No Religion Policy .The last 2 paragraphs, are ,blatant cals to a particular faith,even siting  web sites for these beliefs, I suggest these references are in direct contradiction to your excellent ethos.

PSThank you for the warm welcome home,Its good to be back!

4 hours ago, John Hart said:

The Keeping A Faith posting, overstepped the mark relating to the sites No Religion Policy .The last 2 paragraphs, are ,blatant cals to a particular faith,even siting  web sites for these beliefs, I suggest these references are in direct contradiction to your excellent ethos.

PSThank you for the warm welcome home,Its good to be back!

Hi John

Thanks for passing on your concerns

The no 'politics/religion' was setup as a 'freebasing forum'  posting policy rather than a site wide rigid policy but as 'freebasing' is the main place for offtopic posts then at times it can apply to offtopic posts that may not actually be in freebasing

In this case, basically as the post is about gospel music I would say the religious aspect of the last paragraph is not 'offtopic'  but is actually quite relevant to the article and the links may be of interest to people reading the article, I did follow them just to see where the poster thoughts/ideas was coming from.

Due to that and as feel the paragraph was worded in what seemed to be a non-offensive way will leave the article and link as is for now. 

As said thanks for passing on

Regards

mike

It is linking directly to other religious sites?  If it was anything other than Christian sites it would definitely be removed. 

I'd just like to say I don't adhere to any religion. I'm an atheist.

Edited by The Zodiac Club

7 hours ago, The Zodiac Club said:

It is linking directly to other religious sites?  If it was anything other than Christian sites it would definitely be removed. 

I'd just like to say I don't adhere to any religion. I'm an atheist.

Zodiac Club

the article was titled 'keeping a faith -A personal look at contemporary gospel and spiritual soul music'

the link imo was in context with the subject

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_music

not sure where or why you get your bolded part from but that is not the case, we do not operate a strict rigid no politics/religion policy out side freebasing forum, there are aspects of soul music that do fall into these two categories and if a link is felt relevant then it would be left.

regards

mike

Edited by mike
relevant added

13 hours ago, mike said:

Zodiac Club

the article was titled 'keeping a faith -A personal look at contemporary gospel and spiritual soul music'

the link imo was in context with the subject

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_music

not sure where or why you get your bolded part from but that is not the case, we do not operate a strict rigid no politics/religion policy out side freebasing forum, there are aspects of soul music that do fall into these two categories and if a link is felt relevant then it would be left.

regards

mike

Okay - here's two links to external religious sites directly taken from the article:

https://www.quaker.org.uk/about-quakers/our-faith  I choose to attend my local Church of England services , who put Jesus’s message into practice locally and internationally, and a a kindly lot in need of a good tune. https://www.churchofengland.org/about-us.aspx

I have to make a loud recommendation to the books of radical London vicar Dave Tomlinson who adopts an inspiringly fresh and down to earth approach to christianity which touched a chord with me. You  could do worse than to start with How to be a Bad Christian (and  a better human being) or The Bad Christians Manifesto (Reinventing God)

26 minutes ago, The Zodiac Club said:

Okay - here's two links to external religious sites directly taken from the article:

https://www.quaker.org.uk/about-quakers/our-faith  I choose to attend my local Church of England services , who put Jesus’s message into practice locally and internationally, and a a kindly lot in need of a good tune. https://www.churchofengland.org/about-us.aspx

I have to make a loud recommendation to the books of radical London vicar Dave Tomlinson who adopts an inspiringly fresh and down to earth approach to christianity which touched a chord with me. You  could do worse than to start with How to be a Bad Christian (and  a better human being) or The Bad Christians Manifesto (Reinventing God)

yep and as i said in reply already the links are imo in context with the rest of the article  'keeping a faith -A personal look at contemporary gospel and spiritual soul music' as they are showing where/what etc the authors views are coming from

what is your issue here?

Edited by mike
already added

11 hours ago, mike said:

yep and as i said in reply already the links are imo in context with the rest of the article  'keeping a faith -A personal look at contemporary gospel and spiritual soul music' as they are showing where/what etc the authors views are coming from

what is your issue here?

Religion maybe?  I like a few other's consider it brainwashing

7 hours ago, TattooDave said:

Religion maybe?  I like a few other's consider it brainwashing

bit of an unnecessary comment though Dave as the topics meant to be more about site policy rather than the actual subject

if no one has nothing else to add will close shortly

32 minutes ago, mike said:

bit of an unnecessary comment though Dave as the topics meant to be more about site policy rather than the actual subject

if no one has nothing else to add will close shortly

I understand that Mike, and can understand where the links fit in with the article, it's just that I'm broad-shouldered enough not to be bothered by them whilst others might not be.

The overwhelming content of my  article focussed on the artists and music but given its historic influence on Soul music and increasing popularity I felt justified in acknowledging gospel's driving force and admit my own .I introduced it with .."Finding a faith is a  sensitive and often  very personal and complex issue which will  be based on personal choices " . and Im surprised  if this and 2 suggested links to churches and a book are enough to brainwash anyone. I respect John's position without agreeing to it, I think there might be other more important things going on to object to. I appreciate  Mikes responses . 

Cool Notes 

Many thanks For all comments,

My Original posting has been illustrated perfectly, with the flood gates opening on Faith! {belief without Evidence!}. End of Subject ! 

LOL Johnny Hart{ Still Only A Guest {Recent Post } after so long?

39 minutes ago, John Hart said:

Many thanks For all comments,

My Original posting has been illustrated perfectly, with the flood gates opening on Faith! {belief without Evidence!}. End of Subject ! 

LOL Johnny Hart{ Still Only A Guest {Recent Post } after so long?

disagree

if you had not misunderstood the freebasing forum policy in the first place then none of the above discussion would have took place

topic now closed as resolved

Join or log in now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links