PP ARNOLD

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

2 hours ago, SouledTrafford said:

PP Arnold is currently on tour in the UK and I was wondering if anyone has seen her show?Only ask as she is playing not too far from me and considering going.

I saw her probably about 5 years ago and thought she was great. She banged out "Everything is Gonna........." (a song I've personally never been mad for) but thought overall she was really good and entertaining. I'd go see her again.

Social source share

Guest son of stan

This is a blast!

Produced by Mick Jagger of all people, Keith Richards, Ron Wood, Keith Emerson and Georgie Fame's brass section on the session. Apparently it all ended badly though, with Mick saying Rod couldn't sing and then storming off clutching the tapes!

For me though, this is probably the greatest UK soul record of the 60s...

Edited by son of stan
Social source share

On 10/12/2017 at 18:06, son of stan said:

This is a blast!

Produced by Mick Jagger of all people, Keith Richards, Ron Wood, Keith Emerson and Georgie Fame's brass section on the session. Apparently it all ended badly though, with Mick saying Rod couldn't sing and then storming off clutching the tapes!

Mick was right .... Rod's way out of tune and his vocal is all over the place !!!

The Wicked Pickett's original is far superior .... with Tami Lynn on female lead ... great film of him on Hollywood A Go Go

Edited by sunnysoul
Social source share

On 12/10/2017 at 08:06, son of stan said:

This is a blast!

No wonder it was never released, shocking vocals by both of em

• Up vote 1
Social source share

2 hours ago, Pete S said:

No wonder it was never released, shocking vocals by both of em

I totally agree with you Pete, PP had loads of stuff on tape from the 6ts when I used to visit her home/studio, as she recorded many demos if Mick Jaggers  songs & many other songs, "The First Cut is the Deepest" DEMO is not easy to get today? value about £50 for a classic.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!