London Stories: London Soul Livestream HEAR

London Stories: London Soul 

Secondhome, Spitalfields.  Tuesday 18 April 2017 – 7pm to 9pm

Livestream - 102 minutes.

Join DJ and music writer Bill Brewster his guests Dr Bob Jones, Ady Croasdell and Ian Dewhirst for a discussion that will delve deep into the history of soul music in the capital (and its suburbs) and how it has impacted on music, clubs and fashion.

https://secondhome.io/cultural-programme/london-stories-london-soul

Social source share

• Replies 1
  • Views 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Great post Derek 

I found it fascinating hearing some of the history and anecdotes  from the early Soul/Mod/Ska scene in London . Also good to hear that the North/South divisions were never as rigid as some people sometimes like to make out. Bob Jones looks like he's got off a pensioners  coach trip in that hat, love it. They all come across as nice blokes which was a relief as Ive had a lot of respect for all of them for some years. Shame Ady couldn't make it but its not every night Leicester City will play in the Champions League. I love to hear another event cover the mid seventies scene onwards  in London  which I was involved in to include Jazz Funk/ Crackers, The Lacey Lady, the Purley All Dayers, 6T's at the 100 Club and W.Hampstead. Also the radio/pirate DJ's . A lot of credit to the organisers for recognising the Soul scene as a cultural event worthy of attention. 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!