2 x rare 70's: Charisma Band & Starfire

Alan Walls

Couple of tasty 70's for ya:

Starfire - Make The Most Of It / Out Of The Ghetto - Dynamic Artists £250 vg++ both sides have surface scratches and scuffs but play crisp and clear.

I totally forgot I had this gem until seeing a fella had sold a vg+ for $260 on the Facebook Rare Soul Sales page on Sunday. 'MTMOI' is a classy mid tempo groover, while 'OOTG' is a straight up funk chugger, worth buying if only for the truly magnificent lyric "Not even nobody want a job, people walkin' round all day... looking like slobs" 1f602.png😂 Apparently it's a real tuff find on 45, most versions in circulation being on the 'Get Off With Us' LP (which is hard to find, too). The 45 is such a tuff find it ain't even listed in JM's bible!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lUKSX7EdoVI

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=poHpboKiTOM

*** SOLD *** The Charisma Band - Ain't Nothin Like Your Love - Buddah £75 Ex
straight to the point: the knock down price is because of the crack (see pic). I bought it, crack and all, 34 years ago and can honestly say the it hasn't worsened in that time, despite DJ'ing on some of the crappiest, roughest decks known to man. It plays fine, obviously it clicks for a minute, but not even close to the point where you'd want to frisbee it. Rare, highly cherished and down right brilliant, so whatchagonnado? Ignore it and hope a minter turns up? OGood luck wit dat! The flip side is absolutely cack, really awful, so it would be no loss to tape a stiffener over the crack if you had the inclination! As always, full refund if you're not happy!

£8 special delivery, paypal only and as friends/family. Cheers!

Starfire - Make The Most of It.jpg

Startfire - Out of The Ghetto.jpg

Charisma Band.jpg

Charisma Band - crack.jpg

Edited by Alan Walls
update
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 5
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, Alan Walls said:

Couple of tasty 70's for ya:

Starfire - Make The Most Of It / Out Of The Ghetto - Dynamic Artists £250 vg++ both sides have surface scratches and scuffs but play crisp and clear.

I totally forgot I had this gem until seeing a fella had sold a vg+ for $260 on the Facebook Rare Soul Sales page on Sunday. 'MTMOI' is a classy mid tempo groover, while 'OOTG' is a straight up funk chugger, worth buying if only for the truly magnificent lyric "Not even nobody want a job, people walkin' round all day... looking like slobs" 1f602.png😂 Apparently it's a real tuff find on 45, most versions in circulation being on the 'Get Off With Us' LP (which is hard to find, too). The 45 is such a tuff find it ain't even listed in JM's bible!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lUKSX7EdoVI

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=poHpboKiTOM

The Charisma Band - Ain't Nothin Like Your Love - Buddah £75 Ex
straight to the point: the knock down price is because of the crack (see pic). I bought it, crack and all, 34 years ago and can honestly say the it hasn't worsened in that time, despite DJ'ing on some of the crappiest, roughest decks known to man. It plays fine, obviously it clicks for a minute, but not even close to the point where you'd want to frisbee it. Rare, highly cherished and down right brilliant, so whatchagonnado? Ignore it and hope a minter turns up? OGood luck wit dat! The flip side is absolutely cack, really awful, so it would be no loss to tape a stiffener over the crack if you had the inclination! As always, full refund if you're not happy!

£8 special delivery, paypal only and as friends/family. Cheers!

Starfire - Make The Most of It.jpg

Startfire - Out of The Ghetto.jpg

Charisma Band.jpg

Charisma Band - crack.jpg

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!