• Replies 13
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Johnny One Trout

Family of Eve on Jerri is normally around £600 nowadays but the Curtis Anderson seems to have slipped slightly in price a few have been on ebay recently and the price seems to be nearer the 350 mark although it wouldn't surprise me to see it go for more :thumbsup:

Trouty

Social source share

When the C.A. track came onto the scene, I seem to remember a story of him not liking the track and binning most of the copies - has anyone else heard this or have I been drinking to much of late !! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Yup i heard something simliar but there is no escaping the fact that they have been popping up on ebay pretty regularly recently

Trouty

Social source share

Guest Awake 502

Family of Eve on Jerri is normally around £600 nowadays but the Curtis Anderson seems to have slipped slightly in price a few have been on ebay recently and the price seems to be nearer the 350 mark although it wouldn't surprise me to see it go for more :lol:

Trouty

link

£600 for Family of Eve... kinell....

An old Snaith cover up from years gone by, so it's not only 60's prices that are going crazy. Maybe it made sense buying all those records in the 70's and 80's rather than a house, I know which has gone up in value the most...... :thumbsup:

post-1832-1102013280_thumb.jpg

Social source share

When the C.A. track came onto the scene, I seem to remember a story of him not liking the track and binning most of the copies - has anyone else heard this or have I been drinking to much of late !! :thumbsup:

link

Can't remember who it was, but a dealer approached the label owner to re-press the C.A. track, but was told that he wanted to try the song with another artist, which was Donald Albert. Personaly, I think the DA is a better cut, pity it never came out on a 7" To me D.A. sound like C.A. though!

FoE was a £5 record from Dave Raistrick who had several copies when I bought it of him.

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

£600 for Family of Eve...  kinell....

An old Snaith cover up from years gone by, so it's not only 60's prices that are going crazy. Maybe it made sense buying all those records in the 70's and 80's rather than a house, I know which has gone up in value the most......  :thumbsup:

link

The really crazy thing is the price the reissue on full sail goes for!!!!!!!!!!! another case of a record popular on a couple of scenes (in this case Funk/Modern/Northern/Rare Groove ) and thereby increasing demand or summat

JoT

Social source share

Can't remember who it was, but a dealer approached the label owner to re-press the C.A. track, but was told that he wanted to try the song with another artist, which was Donald Albert. Personaly, I think the DA is a better cut, pity it never came out on a 7" To me D.A. sound like C.A. though!

FoE was a £5 record from Dave Raistrick who had several copies when I bought it of him.

I have not heard of this Donald Albert version, do you have the info on the LP it was on ??

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

It's on a 12" not sure if there was an album to follow it up though, you should still be able to pick them up from Rod Dearlove at VFTS cheaply :thumbsup:

Johnathon Trout esq

Social source share

It's on a 12" not sure if there was an album to follow it up though, you should still be able to pick them up from Rod Dearlove at VFTS cheaply  :thumbsup:

Johnathon Trout esq

link

Any other details on this "Rod dearlove", website maybe or address ?

Cheers.....

JC

Social source share

Mike Charlton from Boro discovered the Curtis Anderson track. He came back from the states with about a dozen of them but left 100+. I think he sorted a deal for the rest of them then something went wrong and they never surfaced.

I'd think you'd be taking a risk paying big money for it. £750 on manships auction. If these have been turning up lately, has somebody found the lot Mike left behind ?

Donald Albert version can be picked up for around £15.

Tomo

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!